DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of the year differences, but do any of them really mean much to you guys? Should I be limiting my search of an Intrepid to certain years? There was a new "variable-assist power steering" for '94. It do anything? What about foglights? More sound proofing in '96? There's not many differences, but should I be limiting my search of the 93-97 range?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
well depends if you want a 1st gen then all you have is the 93-97 range. if ya want a 2nd gen that would be 98-04. If it was me i'd look for a 96-97 ES, nice 3.5, maybe autostick etc. Plus i like OBD2. some people do soem don't, i do cuz th talil annoying check engien light will give ya more info in a OBD2 car then an OBD1 car. Also look for the car ya like, body molding, fogs, etc. Gota think about what you want in the car, then go from there. Look for any years, the later the year generally the less problem soverall, since its lter in the production run the intial bugs have bene worked out , updates installed etc. But all depends on what ya want, and what ya like

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
gr8crash said:
well depends if you want a 1st gen then all you have is the 93-97 range. if ya want a 2nd gen that would be 98-04. If it was me i'd look for a 96-97 ES, nice 3.5, maybe autostick etc. Plus i like OBD2. some people do soem don't, i do cuz th talil annoying check engien light will give ya more info in a OBD2 car then an OBD1 car. Also look for the car ya like, body molding, fogs, etc. Gota think about what you want in the car, then go from there. Look for any years, the later the year generally the less problem soverall, since its lter in the production run the intial bugs have bene worked out , updates installed etc. But all depends on what ya want, and what ya like
Yea, i'd pretty much agree, if your going for a 1st Gen, get a 96 or 97, and a ES or a Sport.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OBD stands for On Board Diagnostic. OBD I is found in cars up to 95. OBD II is found in 96+ cars. While OBD I mainly focused on emission control (mainly the oxygen sensors), OBD II is more complete and has a larger network of sensors. Therefore OBD II gives out more specific error codes, and can find a problem much more accurately than OBD I. Also OBD II lets the user see some of the error codes by using the ignition key and counting the number of times the check engine light (CEL) flickers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
semi-offtopic, but i dont want to make another thread. Do you guys think I should be limiting my search by which cars have anti-lock brakes? Is there much of a difference? I live in Michigan, so it can get icy.. I've never driven a vehicle without them yet..

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i like em, espically on ice. But to some people, they can drive with or without em, i've driven both and i usualyl don't have problems either way, but i would prefer to have em if i can find em on the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts