DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have posted this in the HOW TO section, and of course it must not be that important. So here it goes AGAIN!

9 cups of water
1 cup of rubbing alcahol
1 table spoon dish soap

MIX TOGETHER!

Now, of course you may want to change the ammounts so you can actually fill your tank, but this is more effective than your basic $1.00 K-Mart brand. So if you're a cheap ass, and you have too much time as me, give it a try!

·
Dain bramaged
7,202 Posts
actually i usta mix the washer fuild at the shop i usta work at..

this is now how to do it.. save your self the cash and just buy the premade stuff..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think so, but I haven't heard anything negative yet. You'd think it would take some time to do damage.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Alcohol as well as other harsh cleaners are in most every washer fluid you buy. Alcohol will remove wax and can promote oxidation of the paint...

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
With the amount of dish soap used and the alcohol, you shouldn't experience much if any bubbles except when mixing...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on, it's pure preasure! You know you want to give it a try!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds a bit sketchy...I'd think that the rubbing alcohol would effect the paint too...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Warlord187

Nice to see you've upgraded windows 3.11 to one with spell check. Wish I had me that there feature on my personal confuser.

·
Registered
368 Posts
jwoair23 said:
dude, its a dollar, you seriously would have to be the cheapest person in the world :p
I agree. Plus a cup of rubbing alchol is probably almost a buck in its own right compared to a gallon of readymade kmart 99 cent fluid? And you don't get the cool gallon jug either with the homemade stuff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Premixed stuff costs about a wopping buck fifty!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Notice this turned into a whinny little ***** fest? lol I come out with a great idea, and of course some one has to shoot it down as if their neon lights were a original thought.

I was a IDEA guys. You don't need to get all arrogant, and theoretical!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts