·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura Integra LS (auto and stick)
Dodge Neon SXT (stick)
Mitsubishi Mirage (stick):flipa:
Jeep Laredo (V8)
95' Chrysler Lebaron Convertible (V6 auto)
2005 Ford Mustang GT (Stick):9lame:
2000 Ford Mustang (V8):smilie_sc
2000 Dodge Intrepid ES (3.2)
And a few others that I cant really remember.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
List of cars that lost what?

At first I thought maybe this was a kill list as in cars your 94 Intrepid ES has clearly beaten in a good fair drag race. Then I noticed 2 v8 Mustangs on your list and realize this list must be for something else. Please explain.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dont understand this at all, he prolly means those are the cars he beat maybe? But in a 3.5 24 valve first gen, highly unlikely.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Acura Integra LS (auto and stick) Maybes
Dodge Neon SXT (stick) I would hope so
Mitsubishi Mirage (stick) Maybe
Jeep Laredo (V8) Highly doubt it
95' Chrysler Lebaron Convertible (V6 auto) hope so
2005 Ford Mustang GT (Stick) NO WAY
2000 Ford Mustang (V8) NO WAY
2000 Dodge Intrepid ES (3.2) Was he drunk?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
He probably has one of those performance chips installed. I heard those chips on ebay will give you an extra 300hp at the tires.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I own a 4.7 V8 GC along with the R/T.

My brother has taken it, but not my R/T.

They have no top end but with the full time 4 thier quick off the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE=janithn;1394990]He probably has one of those performance chips installed. I heard those chips on ebay will give you an extra 300hp at the tires.[/QUOTE]

WOW im gonna go bid on one right now...lmao

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Acura Integra LS (auto and stick) Maybes
Dodge Neon SXT (stick) I would hope so
Mitsubishi Mirage (stick) Maybe
Jeep Laredo (V8) Highly doubt it
95' Chrysler Lebaron Convertible (V6 auto) hope so
2005 Ford Mustang GT (Stick) NO WAY
2000 Ford Mustang (V8) NO WAY
2000 Dodge Intrepid ES (3.2) Was he drunk?
lol I love your explainations. The last 3 are funny.

With that said, I know the Ponys have a horrible rear end but I am sure they can take a Intrepid.

·
Registered
786 Posts
lol I love your explainations. The last 3 are funny.

With that said, I know the Ponys have a horrible rear end but I am sure they can take a Intrepid.
Lol especially a first gen... If he has the 3.3, I say BS to almost all the list... And if he has the 3.5, I say maybe he beat the auto integra and the mirage. The neon sxt has 150hp and is light, with a stick it may be a contender for a first gen... Maybe not so much for the 1st gen 3.5 I really dont know... But Def a big NO to a v8 mustang or a 3.2 trep or a v8 jeep.

Edited

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
One of my friends at school owns a stock 2001 Mustang GT stick. I brought her down to the strip once and she ran a 15.4 with the traction control on. Once we turned that off, her best run was a 14.2. No way in hell a Trep is gonna beat that unless he is on the bottle.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
lol not on the 3.2 trep and the v8 jeep?
The 3.2 would be a driver's race. I ran my buddies 3.2 ES with my 94 LHS. [email protected] VS 16.0 not sure but it was higher than mine.

And by the way. On the street the cars looked like they were welded together.

As for the Jeep. It really depends on what year it was. I've seen mid 90's 5.2L run mid to high 16s. 4.7's in the 15's and 5.7 Hemi's bottom 15's. I think I've read some crack into the 14's. Another rare beast is a 5.9L Limited. 15.0 @ 90. SRT8's That will half track in Intrepid so we know that wasn't it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The 3.2 would be a driver's race. I ran my buddies 3.2 ES with my 94 LHS. [email protected] VS 16.0 not sure but it was higher than mine.

And by the way. On the street the cars looked like they were welded together.

As for the Jeep. It really depends on what year it was. I've seen mid 90's 5.2L run mid to high 16s. 4.7's in the 15's and 5.7 Hemi's bottom 15's. I think I've read some crack into the 14's. Another rare beast is a 5.9L Limited. 15.0 @ 90. SRT8's That will half track in Intrepid so we know that wasn't it.
Sorry, but I just dont see a 1st gen 3.5 beating a second gen 3.2 without the 1st gen having been modded. And the 1st gen 3.3 will think it was going backwards against a 3.2. My 3.2 is quick and I cant see a 1st gen beating it! I do 0-60 in 8 seconds flat and I have an intermittent cyl 4 mis!!!!! Imagine a 3.2 in tip top shape!

And More than likely, not a v8 jeep either... He will have to elaborate on what kind of jeep it is, but even 4.0 v6 cherokees are pretty quick off the line. According to motorweek, the 97 cherokee 4.0 went from 0-60 in 8.5 seconds... v8 would be significantly quicker.

And according to chrysler the 98 Grand cherokee v8 got 0-60 times of 7.3 seconds... Better than any 1st gen with any engine.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Sorry, but I just dont see a 1st gen 3.5 beating a second gen 3.2 without the 1st gen having been modded. And the 1st gen 3.3 will think it was going backwards against a 3.2. My 3.2 is quick and I cant see a 1st gen beating it! I do 0-60 in 8 seconds flat and I have an intermittent cyl 4 mis!!!!! Imagine a 3.2 in tip top shape!

And More than likely, not a v8 jeep either... He will have to elaborate on what kind of jeep it is, but even 4.0 v6 cherokees are pretty quick off the line. According to motorweek, the 97 cherokee 4.0 went from 0-60 in 8.5 seconds... v8 would be significantly quicker.

And according to chrysler the 98 Grand cherokee v8 got 0-60 times of 7.3 seconds... Better than any 1st gen with any engine.
4.0 Jeeps have all the balls in the world off the line. Probably one of the best inline-6's ever made. It's the off-road rock climbers' engine of choice. However, once they get going, they fall flat on their face. (with torque like that, you make up for it lol) I might be wrong, but the 0-60 time of the 4.0 Jeep seems about a second too fast. I might believe it if it was a stick though. IIRC, the R/T Treps could get to 60 in 7.3-7.6 seconds.

Mill1978
This guy beat my Z06 too!!!! Be afraid Be very afraid!!!!!!!!!
Dude, you should just lay down and die in your Z06. This guy will give the Bugatti Veyron a run for its money lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
I might be wrong, but the 0-60 time of the 4.0 Jeep seems about a second too fast. I might believe it if it was a stick though. IIRC, the R/T Treps could get to 60 in 7.3-7.6 seconds.
You think 8.5 0-60 for the 4.0 seems too fast? Well, maybe it is. I am not too familiar with them, but I have ridden in one (automatic) and I wouldnt think that it would be much slower than 8.5, I actually think it seems faster. Again, not sure.

The RT trep has the 3.5 though (I know you know that lol), but the OP said he beat a 3.2.
If you were stating the 0-60 of the RT in relation to the 0-60 of the Jeeps then my apologies. But the 3.2 0-60 when in good condition would beat a 1st gen 3.5 without much guessing imo!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
You think 8.5 0-60 for the 4.0 seems too fast? Well, maybe it is. I am not too familiar with them, but I have ridden in one (automatic) and I wouldnt think that it would be much slower than 8.5, I actually think it seems faster. Again, not sure.

The RT trep has the 3.5 though (I know you know that lol), but the OP said he beat a 3.2.
If you were stating the 0-60 of the RT in relation to the 0-60 of the Jeeps then my apologies. But the 3.2 0-60 when in good condition would beat a 1st gen 3.5 without much guessing imo!
I might be wrong, those Jeeps are pretty light lol. But the 4.0 at best has 200 hp, the torque number is gonna be through the roof though.

There is a member (Xpid IIRC) that ran a 16.1 in the quarter with a 3.5 in a 1st Gen Concorde.I don't know if he has Autostick or not, but I do know that he ran that without an air cleaner. Not much of a difference from that though.

Here are some stats, numbers, and random quarter mile times you can play around with lol

2nd Gens weigh about 100 lbs more than a 1st Gen. The 3.2 is making 20 more hp than the 1st Gen 3.5. So what do you think? It could be a pretty close race. When I brought my 2.7 down to the strip, it ran a 16.8. The 3.2 is making 34 more horsepower than my car. (and you have Autostick).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.