DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Making Back Windows Go All The Way Down

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  jfsram 
#1 ·
How do I do it..Is it possible. I remember reading somewhere that you could take it to a dealer and they could do it. Is it as simple as taking a piece off that is blocking the arm?

Anyone done it..Thanks

#8 ·
You can't do it. The way the door is shaped makes it impossible.

#11 ·
Unless you DO want to make a seriously big cut in your door frame area, so that the sliders and motor etc can fit, and extend the internal hardware etc, then have your window sticking out in your wheel well, possibly cutting into your tire and smashing.. for tons of hard work for.. well 4 inches of window, which is great clearance anyways.. ;) get my drift?

#13 · (Edited)
You need a different car my windows go all the way down and my doors don't lock unless I hit the button to lock them.

BTW I was behind an Intrepid the other day. I still like them even though mine had some problems but I was looking at the windows and like damn no wonder they have so many problems the way the glass bends.

I bet the engineers were like you got to be ****ing kidding when they saw the diagrams for this car.

#15 ·
alderran said:
You need a different car my windows go all the way down and my doors don't lock unless I hit the button to lock them.
If your talking about the Rolling Locks, it can be turned off if the owner chooses so.

My windows go all the way down now, in the Dakota but I've only driven with them down a few times, nothing special really.

#16 ·
double0000000seven said:
I wonder how far down the rear windows of the new 300s goes...the window is so narrow and the overall design of the door makes me think it should go all the way down in that car. Or at least be really close.
I thought the reason they don't go all the way down in most cars has more to do with child safety than design. But maybe I am wrong about that.

#18 ·
alderran said:
I thought the reason they don't go all the way down in most cars has more to do with child safety than design. But maybe I am wrong about that.
I believe that was the original intent. You don't want all those loose babies (which should be in saftey seats anyway) jumping out the open window on the highway. Personally, I think it was an ignorant idea. However, I think now the majority of them don't go all the way down simply due to vehicle design. The Trep's rear end would be at least a foot longer to make the door square enough to allow the window to go all the way down...

#19 ·
Design parameters were for the window going down only a certain amount, so they were free to design the door based upon that assumption. Not to beat a dead horse, but you can probably find a lawsuit filed somewhere that is the root of this decision.

On my wife's 2000 Corolla, the windows are similar. On the 94 Grand Marquis, they do go all the way down.

#21 ·
Boberle1150 said:
Well I just talked to them in back and they said no because of the door design, it only goes down that far so it does not hit the door on the inside. So basically, there is not enough clearance for you to do that. Hope that helps!

This thread should have ended with Boberle's response.

Reason, window doesn't fit inside door.

It has nothing to do with child safety.

Chevrolet Suburban vs Tahoe.
Suburban windows go all the way down.
Tahoe windows only go down about 3", and you guys complain.

Do you think Suburbans are exempt from child safety, No, the window fit in the doors, cased closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.