DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sisters 65 inch samsung wouldnt turn on. anyways it turned out to be a blown 10a fuse, I ordered the fuse but doesnt come with leads on each side to be slid into board to be soldered. I ordered clips to solder into the board and then the fuse would get clipped into it. I want to know if i can use paperclips and cut it and solder it to each side of the fuse and then slide the lead into the board and solder it in. Is the wire from the paperclip good enough to hold 10amps. umm. i ordered the clips already from amazon but its coming from china. delivery is the end of next month. she dont want to wait that long. Please help if you can

·
Woober Goobers!
50,129 Posts
Soldering anything to the ends of the new fuse will probably ruin it. The heat from soldering will melt the link inside most likely.

What's the length/size of the fuse? What type is it? Glass? Should be able to cross reference the proper fuse with leads already attached.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude thanks for the fast response. its 5mm short ceramic type 250volts but 125v will be used. 10t amp fuse. i will just wait for the clips. 4 yr old tv and fuse in it blew. you would think samsung would have the fuse clip in and not soldered into the board. i guess im making it easier in case it blows again. thanks again for the quick reply

·
Woober Goobers!
50,129 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup 20mm. i forgot all about mouser. i used order from them when i was in high school. that picture is the exact 1 i need. im gonna order a catalog from them. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts