DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some of you know, my car was side swiped pretty badly just about a month ago. I am almost finished completing the body work, and called Andy's Auto Sport and ordered the combat body kit. They cut me a deal of $925 shipped. Well I was talking with my dad this evening and we had a really long discussion about my car. To make a long story short, we both agreed that I probably would not be too happy with the car after dumping so much money into it you know? Hell, I'm only 18!

The bottom line is that I am wanting to transform my car into the first built Intrepid SRT6 (I don't belive anyone has made one yet, but please correct me if I am wrong :icon_smil ) I am asking now, would you guys back me on this? Or do you think it is only for dreams? I would need some SRT6 badges to go on the doors, could anyone make those? Its an idea in progress so please give me feedback!!!!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
ulintze29 said:
Well as some of you know, my car was side swiped pretty badly just about a month ago. I am almost finished completing the body work, and called Andy's Auto Sport and ordered the combat body kit. They cut me a deal of $925 shipped. Well I was talking with my dad this evening and we had a really long discussion about my car. To make a long story short, we both agreed that I probably would not be too happy with the car after dumping so much money into it you know? Hell, I'm only 18!

The bottom line is that I am wanting to transform my car into the first built Intrepid SRT6 (I don't belive anyone has made one yet, but please correct me if I am wrong :icon_smil ) I am asking now, would you guys back me on this? Or do you think it is only for dreams? I would need some SRT6 badges to go on the doors, could anyone make those? Its an idea in progress so please give me feedback!!!!

They don't make SRT6 badges that look like the SRT8 badges, the one on the Crossfire is different.


But, there were no 2006 Crossfires, they are going to be 2007 models and they may change the badge to look like the others, they use the other in the ad campaign as you can see on the pic.

Charles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,572 Posts
ulintze29 said:
Well as some of you know, my car was side swiped pretty badly just about a month ago. I am almost finished completing the body work, and called Andy's Auto Sport and ordered the combat body kit. They cut me a deal of $925 shipped. Well I was talking with my dad this evening and we had a really long discussion about my car. To make a long story short, we both agreed that I probably would not be too happy with the car after dumping so much money into it you know? Hell, I'm only 18!

The bottom line is that I am wanting to transform my car into the first built Intrepid SRT6 (I don't belive anyone has made one yet, but please correct me if I am wrong :icon_smil ) I am asking now, would you guys back me on this? Or do you think it is only for dreams? I would need some SRT6 badges to go on the doors, could anyone make those? Its an idea in progress so please give me feedback!!!!
So, are you getting the kit or not? And where are you coming up with all this money anyway, if you don't mind me asking? I mean being 18 and all...

Oh and I don't know about you but the more money I dump into my car, the happier I get LOL! Its just the rest of my family thats not so happy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a big saver, and I do everything myself anyways...I just pay for supplies. I think I'm going to get refunded for the kit since it hasn't been packed up yet at Andy's and use that money for paint, rims, tires, and more bondo and primer, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,155 Posts
ulintze29 said:
I'm a big saver, and I do everything myself anyways...I just pay for supplies. I think I'm going to get refunded for the kit since it hasn't been packed up yet at Andy's and use that money for paint, rims, tires, and more bondo and primer, lol
$925 is not going to do much for paint, rims and tires though.

you can expect to pay at least that for paint. tires as well. and rims (depending on what you go for), could be even more than both of those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i get paint, rims, an tires all at cost from my work....so it will get me really close to that price...already have most everything priced out....but do you guys like that look on an Intrepid? Its kind of growing on me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
well, i like the look, but honestly i'd rather have a gunmetal version of that car, that tan/goldish color is rather hideous
i mean i love all of Charles's chops, hes awesome, but if that was my car i'd get it done in a gunmetal color with a darker gray bottom color, separated by the red stripe

as for rims, i wouldn't settle for anything less than SRT Charger 20s, or maybe a nice set of BBS style racing wheels in 18"

i am a big fan of that look though, and i am rooting for you, i am very curious to see how you pull it off in the end
also, just to interject another part of my personal opinion, get a foglight bumper! having an SE is cool and everything, but the foglight bumper just looks so much classier... and if it is going to get painted anyway then there is no time like the present!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
I second the srt wheels/fog bumper bit. IMO, keep it all one color (red, black, grey or blue), and just add some tasteful side stripes, like other srt cars. I don't really think the bodykit will add any sense of 'srt6' to the car, but that is just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
I agree with Gary and Bus.....
Make it fast to back up the SRT nameplate, or you're no better than Johny-Ricer down the street with Type R badges on his CRX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,840 Posts
have fun with it, i would keep function as the main priority. Looks have to be there, but stock will always fit the car best.

If you have the cash, i would wait to get a new car, otherwise add what u need the most to the trep. Thats what i plan on doing before i get my g35.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
well, i like the look, but honestly i'd rather have a gunmetal version of that car, that tan/goldish color is rather hideous
i mean i love all of Charles's chops, hes awesome, but if that was my car i'd get it done in a gunmetal color with a darker gray bottom color, separated by the red stripe
Why thank you Ryan,

I was trying to make a gunmetal shade, a little darker than yours, I guess I did nor desaturate the color enough.

Considering I started with this:



And I love this look:



I have done others like it, Danimal started the whole thing:



Then I did this one:



I added a couple of requests



Then I did Avenger's Car



Hope this gives you some ideas.

Charles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
There are a good handful of mods that you can mek to come close to the SRT version of the 3.5... I suggest you get to work!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow those 300 signal mirrors look great on that! and the rims even better! i guess i know where my next bonus will be going, lol
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top