DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some paint work today.

I got this from the service manual on this site. Not sure what the S105 and C112 stand for. BUt i think this is about all of it.

Not sure if ill go through with this. Unless its easier than it looks. IF anybody can clear this mess up. let me know. Its colour coded.

In any case it shows u what levelling headlights need in order to run.

im still not sure how im gonna rewire these, it looks like the only input is from the junction block and the switch. Im just worried that ill short circuit the current settings that the car has in place. my goal is to just rewire the motors. The european models are wired so that levelling only works with the headlights on, but that doesnt seem too important in my case.

Leads from the switch are also unknown at this point, but the same plug is used (we have empty poles on ours)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,362 Posts
You could always move to Europe and beg for access to one of the snotty Europeans cars and check it out. I can gaurantee you that if you come up with an export part number and try to order it you'll be shot down faster than a Jap Zero after Pearl Habor.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronbo said:
You could always move to Europe and beg for access to one of the snotty Europeans cars and check it out. I can gaurantee you that if you come up with an export part number and try to order it you'll be shot down faster than a Jap Zero after Pearl Habor.
What?

what does that have to do with anything. Comment seems pointless to me.

I want to make this myself, not steal it or transport it from europe. Thats why i need some advice from the electronics experts on the forum.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The problem is the motor units will be installed in the euro spec headlights (and I assume it'll be 300m lights) so you'll have to import the motors as well as the switch and if you're importing that much might as well go whole hog and try to get as much of the wiring as possible to simplify things.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can get valeo levelling motors from fords that use a similar 3 wire system. Thats not the problem. Im not sure how to make this system adaptable to our cars. Switch is very similar to our current one, 2nd dimmer wheel basically.

so
- switch is ok to make
- motors are generally easy to find
- wiring is complex through the cars bcm, easy standalone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts