DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have it...my grandfather does in HIS Intrepid.

So who's got it? And have you ever thought of modding it into tab shifters?

I'd kill for tab shifters :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i have it its on my window sticker
customerr perferred options (26r) $1,505
auto temp0
net
otis
radio
alarm
spare
trac
AutoStick:Drivers choice ofautomatic or manual with no clutch

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had the regular floor shifter and lucked out by finding a fully loaded Vision with a wrecked engine to nab the autostick out of. It’s not as fun as an actual stick, but it’s a lot better then the regular automatic. I’ve thought about tab shifters, but haven’t had the time to do it yet. It seems like Chrysler made the autostick shifter simple enough that it really shouldn’t be that hard to do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally enjoy driving Tab Shifter better than Manual. Maybe I just suck at manual :p.

My friend's got a Grand Turismo 4 setup with 4 PS2's and 4 ForceFeedback Racing Wheels, complete with tab shifters. I love gaming with those.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Gran Tourismo is a great game, and the wheel they made for it is the best I’ve ever seen. I’ve got the setup and don’t want to think of how much time I spent fooling around with it. But the manual/paddle shift setup on the game is different from the way the Intrepid works with the autostick. If you hit the redline in the game it will sit there popping off the rev limiter until you upshift, will allow you to downshift and over rev the engine, and if you come to a complete stop it will stay in the last gear you were in (for instance 6th). With the Intrepid it will automatically upshift when you hit the redline, not downshift it the shift would over rev the engine, and will automatically downshift to first if you come to a dead stop. So while the Intrepids autostick is fun, don’t be surprised if it’s not as much fun as tapping through the gears with the paddle shift on Laguna Seca with a heavily modified 800hp RUF Porsche.
Oh, and driving a stick is only more fun then an automatic if you are just out driving to have a good time, which for some people would be on a track, and for others it could be just driving up a winding tree-lined road. If you’re just out to commute in traffic, parallel park on a hill, and deal with general stop and go traffic I would much rather have an auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts