DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The date is subject to change but as of right now we are going to go with March 22. Hopefully by then the weather will be a bit better but who knows. This meet is not really planned out 100% but we do know we are meeting in Cedar Rapids, IA (not sure on the location yet) I know only a little part of Cedar Rapids and dont get up there much so not really sure were we can meet but details will be posted. This will be a meet and greet possibly a lunch/dinner thing but for right now we will say a M & G. If anyone has ideas please pm me.

List - (if you are unsure please post unsure by your name)

1.NHogan
2.Fearless 2000
3.Venom01
4.BlueNiteDragon
5.R1Ryda14
6.otpw1
7.Mlkmgr

If your planning on coming put your name on the list so we have an idea on how many will be attending.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds great to me. That date works fine, I'll put in the switch request at work. As for places to meet, I don't know what kind of place you want to meet at. I'm pretty familiar with Cedar Rapids. There's several drive-thru restaurants, there's car washes, there's parking lots, there's parks... what kind of atmosphere do you want?

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great to me. That date works fine, I'll put in the switch request at work. As for places to meet, I don't know what kind of place you want to meet at. I'm pretty familiar with Cedar Rapids. There's several drive-thru restaurants, there's car washes, there's parking lots, there's parks... what kind of atmosphere do you want?
Parking lots work but permission to be there is better lol. Parks work too. I know there is a park over by the arena and baseball field maybe we could use that?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The wal-mart/Sam's on the north end of town has a huge parking lot and several resturants, lowes, parts store, gas station, etc. ect. ect. That would be a great place and its easy access off the I-380.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The wal-mart/Sam's on the north end of town has a huge parking lot and several resturants, lowes, parts store, gas station, etc. ect. ect. That would be a great place and its easy access off the I-380.
Actually that does sound like a good idea. Easy for out-of-towners to find, lots of other stuff around to do if the need arises.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Sounds like a good place to have a meet.

Now, I need to know (closer to the meet) what time we should be there. I am thinking about leaving my house at around 6 or 7 in the morning if it's a 10 or 11 start.

Just me thinking out loud.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That works! Anyway you can call and get permission? We are talking about Blairs Ferry RD right?

Key when asking permission. There will be ZERO! burnouts, noone will be doing anythhing against the law its just a car club of family cars no rice burners lol.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
That works! Anyway you can call and get permission? We are talking about Blairs Ferry RD right?

Key when asking permission. There will be ZERO! burnouts, noone will be doing anythhing against the law its just a car club of family cars no rice burners lol.
And Fearless' Bad ass Trep!! Haha

Is there a Do-it yourself carwash near there? I want to hose it down after driving 200 miles.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Add me to this list.
It's sound like a great time.
03/22/08. 11ish. I'm with Fearless, I'll need to give a bath to the car once I get there.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
How Far Hmmmm.

Well, I'll be coming from Minneapolis, about 25 miles north of the Mall Of America.
I have a buddy who's parents and sister live in the area. So we will stop to see them on Friday, hang out with you guys on Saturday.

How far are you driving bro?

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
List - (if you are unsure please post unsure by your name)

1.NHogan
2.Fearless 2000
3.Venom01
4.BlueNiteDragon
5.R1Ryda14

If your planning on coming put your name on the list so we have an idea on how many will be attending.
List please keep updated. I know there are a few others who are thinking about this meet come on guys put your name on the list :D

Sounds like a good place to have a meet.

Now, I need to know (closer to the meet) what time we should be there. I am thinking about leaving my house at around 6 or 7 in the morning if it's a 10 or 11 start.
Meet start time looks like 11

Add me to this list.
It's sound like a great time.
03/22/08. 11ish. I'm with Fearless, I'll need to give a bath to the car once I get there.
Added cant wait to meet you. I will have my car hopefully waxed but wouldnt mind stopping at the wash maybe we could just meet at the car wash at 10:30am

·
Registered
715 Posts
count me in as well. i know it is a month out, so hopefully the weather will cooperate a little bit better. i am soooooo sick of winter!!! my car smells like a wet dog from the floor mats!! anyway, just a little venting!! walmart should work, although it is always busy as hell over there on the weekends. prolly that way everywhere.
another idea, and i am just throwing this out there, is right in front of advance auto on 16th ave sw by kmart. they have "car clubs" in there lot every friday and saturday evenings and i am sure they wouldn't mind some "family sedans" in their lot. mostly ricers and such, but just a suggestion!! where ever we meet, i'm in....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts