DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I can't wait until Carlisle to meet some of you folks... soooo.... how about if us MD,DE,DC folks have a mini meet sometime soon? I'm not good on arranging these kind of things, so any date that we can agree on would be fine by me. Location? I was thinking possibly the Annapolis area. Please shoot any ideas that you may have. I would like to meet up with you "local" guys sometime before the new year. :)
~Tony~

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gazetowardthesky said:
what was that?

party at your house Tony?
heh... you mean my 2 bedroom apartment.... yeah we can all sit here and stare at each other all day and night. Nooo... not at my place. I'm all the way in southern MD. Somewhere closer for thee northern MD,etc folks. Just to make it kinda fair.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hm... why the heck not?

btw wehre is Carlisle?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
CEHE4KA said:
hm... why the heck not?

btw wehre is Carlisle?
carlisle is the meet that is stickied in this forum, its about 30 minutes from harrisburg pa, it the site of the chrysler mopar nationals and possiably the 2nd largest. maybe the largest meet on di.net.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
January 3rd, 2004
10:00 AM
Hyattsville , MD

Washington, DC auto show

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com

We are having a 300m/DI.net mini meet then

http://pub88.ezboard.com/f300menthusiastsclubfrm3.showMessage?topicID=104.topic

Meet in Hyattsville at about 10:00 AM Saturday January 3rd at the Prince Georges Plaza Metro Parking garage Top level (3a) if weather is clear. (We watch fireworks from there every July 4th) One level down (3b) if the weather is not good.

10:00 to 11:00 Hang out and BS about cars and mods. Do a couple simple quick mods if anyone has one pending. Bosch +4s? DRL Module? Manifold painting? Chrome shifters?

11:00 Head down to Convention Center on Metro. 20 minute ride to Mt. Vernon Square.

Spend 3-4 hours at car show. Come back to Hyattsville. Have dinner at Outback at 5:00 PM

Feel free to make suggestions.

Here are the attendees so far.

1. DScruggs (Don)
2. MarkoPollo (Mark)
3. 2KWK4U (Dave)
4. MaximMan (James)
5. Y2Keith (Keith)
6. Crombie (Tony)
7. 99300mricva (Robert)
8. 03special (Scott) - bringing a friend too
9. Wyche1 (John)

Don

·
Registered
139 Posts
Count me in
w3val(val).
Not sure how to update the list.................:confused:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. DScruggs (Don)
2. MarkoPollo (Mark)
3. 2KWK4U (Dave)
4. MaximMan (James)
5. Y2Keith (Keith)
6. Crombie (Tony)
7. 99300mricva (Robert)
8. 03special (Scott) - bringing a friend too
9. Wyche1 (John)
10.w3val (Val)

Don! Thanks for making this happen pal! Also thanks for throwing my name on the list. Chances are I'll be bringing a guest also. ;) :)
Val: I added your name for you buddy. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
damn, jan 3rd is taken :-(

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2GRT said:
Tony, thanks for the link.
If the weather is right, I think ne and Virginia can make it.

Joe
Not a problem Joe. It would be great seeing the both of you again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Any new upgrades done to the infamous R/T?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Here is a link to a location map of where we are meeting.

Here is another map

Here is a link to the Washington Auto Show

The Metro station and its parking garage are on the south-west corner of this intersection. Parking is free on weekends. There is a Shell station at the corner itself and all of the property behind it is the parking garage and station. It is called the Price Georges Plaza station. You can enter from either Belcrest Road or East West Highway (Rt 410). The address of the Plaza across the street is

3500 East West Highway
Hyattsville, MD 20782

It is inside the Washington beltway about 2 miles from the DC line.

Most of the folks mentioned so far are coming from the north, south or east so I recommend that everyone use the directions from the east side of DC. Remember that the eastern half of the DC beltway IS I-95.

I recommend that everyone from the north come I-95 to the Baltimore Wasington parkway. South on the BW parkway to Rt 410 (there it will be called Riverdale Rd) Take 410 West until you reach the intersection with Belcrest Rd. Left on Belcrest and Right into the station.

Every one from the east come in Rt 50 all the way to Rt 410

Everyone from the south come up on I-95 to Rt 50. Take Rt. 50 west to Rt 410.

Once at Rt. 410 take it west to Belcrest Rd.

Note: Once you pass Kenilworth Avenue (Rt. 201) Rt. 410 will then be called East West Highway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
crombie said:
Not a problem Joe. It would be great seeing the both of you again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Any new upgrades done to the infamous R/T?
No, but the only change since you saw the R/T is a small shopping cart dent in the driver's side door. Man was I pissed.
If we make it to the meet, I will be looking for some thoughts on the best way to fix it.

If the weather holds out, we will see you there.

Joe

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Meet Webpage

Meet details at

MD/DC/VA/DE meet link

Be there!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Our meet now has two sponsors.

The parts department at DarCars Chrysler Jeep Dodge of New Carrollton has provided a wonderful gift for the first 36 people attending. This is a truly nice gift. Any one local in need of Mopar parts should really stop in and ask for Jr. Tell him you are with the 300m club (He doesn't know DI.net quite as well). Tell him Don Scruggs sent you.

Bodymaster Auto Parts Supply has donated a case of oranges to our meet. Why? Well he had four cases left and was afraid they were going to go bad soon. You have to appreciate honesty!

Bodymaster is a dedicated body parts supplier of aftermarket crash parts. They are a great source for replacement light assemblies as well. They have two US locations. One is in Landover, MD and the other is in Pennsauken, NJ

Also the final proof for the new 300m club calendar will be available for review. This great calendar will be offered to club members on the 300m club website very soon. Our agreement with DiamlerChrysler prohibits us from selling these to anyone but club members. Another great reason to join!

Don

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless I missed something here Don.... can we pay for the car show when we get there? OR do we have to register online?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Most car shows I've been to will take money at the door and it's usually only like 10 dollars.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
99300mricva said:
Most car shows I've been to will take money at the door and it's usually only like 10 dollars.
Ok, so I can pay at the door? Cool! Looking forward to meeting you guys! Weather.com said that Hyattsville is supposed to have rain. :( Oh well, I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts