DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to work around 10 AM, I noticed this strong odor of fuel in the cabin, and then my fuel guage dropping like a rock. so I pulled in to a parking lot, poped the hood to find gasolene everywhere and spraying out from the fuel rail. So I shut it off, made a mad dash to work (only 5 min late). after work I called AAA and had them tow it to the dealer. The car had a full tank of gas this morning, now it has 1/2 after the fuel rail broke. I tried to start it at the dealer, and it would crank but wouldn't fire and gas was all over the back of the engine.

I'll know the damage in the morning, when the dealer calls. the 3.3's arn't covered by the recall, thats just 3.5's right?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I dont think the 3.3's are covered by the recall. With all that fuel, you're lucky it didn't start a fire.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think only the 1993 3.3s are covered by the recall. Mine is a 1995. either way, I'll hopefully know what exactly is wrong and how much I'm going to have to fork over to have it fixed. All I know is that it's not going to be cheap. the fuel rail alone is about 300 bucks, which I don't have thanks to my stupid student loans taking all my money. Also, the fact I lost about 20 bucks worth of gas to the pavement when the fuel rail broke.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
I can pick you up a fuel rail from the local junk yard for pretty cheap if you can't find one locally.. let me know..

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i bet a line popped off. had it happen to my 3.3

my #1injector is leaking the recall was dne in 99. should i fix it my self?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Veeb0rg said:
I can pick you up a fuel rail from the local junk yard for pretty cheap if you can't find one locally.. let me know..
Thanks for the offer, but I need my car right away. the Acclaim isn't road ready, else I'd drive that and fix the intrepid my self.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ESMIKE96 said:
i bet a line popped off. had it happen to my 3.3

my #1injector is leaking the recall was dne in 99. should i fix it my self?
see of the dealer will redo the recall first

·
Registered
299 Posts
i was looking at the fuel rail. not sure if its a fuel rail actually but its beside the block where it says 3.3L on my trep and i saw a cap so i opened it and then i saw some type of valve. the kind of valve u see on your bicycle tire. i pressed it down and fuel shot out lol. why is that there?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good news! I just got a call from the dealer. turns out one of those blasted quick connect fittings broke that connects to the fuel rail. so only $109.50 ($85.00 labor, 20 some bucks for a new fuel line w/ quick connect fitting). going to pick her up tonight.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the car back. no fuel leaks! I lost about $20.00 in gas when the thing broke though...damnit..

·
Registered
299 Posts
does anyone know? lol

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm taking it to the dealer tomorow for an estimate on the cupholder replacement, make sure its got the proper fluid level in it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
DKILLA said:
i was looking at the fuel rail. not sure if its a fuel rail actually but its beside the block where it says 3.3L on my trep and i saw a cap so i opened it and then i saw some type of valve. the kind of valve u see on your bicycle tire. i pressed it down and fuel shot out lol. why is that there?
That's for depressurizing the fuel rail before making repairs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts