Tinted Windows
2nd Generation Chrome Badges on doors and trunk

Interior:
2nd Generation Leather Seats from 2000 ES
Leather center console cover from 1996 LHS
Homelink Visor
Auto Headlights
Dodge Logo Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Alpine CDA-9856 In-Dash CD Player/Receiver/iPod Controller/Ai-Shuttle Controller
MB-Quart Separates in the front doors - Alpine MRV-F407 Amp
MB-Quart 3-way 6X9 in rear deck - Alpine MRV-T407 Amp
Alpine Ai-Shuttle 12 CD changer
2 10" Fosgate Punch Subwoofers in custom enclosure - Alpine MRV-T757 Amp

Mechanical:
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Auto-Stick
Remus Resonator with Chrome Tips
K&N Drop-In Filter
3.89 gears from 300M
Sylvania Silverstar Headlights
Piaa Foglights

You might know me as the Photoshop guy, my name is Charles and I teach at San Diego State University.

History
I am the third owner of my 1996 Intrepid ES, I bought it in May of 2001 with only 39,000 original Southern California miles. I had been searching for a low mileage ES since August of 2000 when I found a 97 white and gray model with only 25,000 miles, but it sold before I could convince my ex-wife to go see it (that is why she is an ex). I decided that if I found another one I would not miss the opportunity. The second owner had the car for two years and only put 3,000 miles on it. He had maintenance records from the first owner back to the original date of purchase in early 96.

I recently had considered buying a new car (Charger or 300C SRT) but, I really love my Intrepid and thought I can spend a little on what was an already clean car and have a show quality ride.

I get lots of compliments on the car and have competed in two car shows so far:
2006 Spring Fling - 4th place FWD (Pt Cruisers and Neons included)
2006 Mopars in May - 1st place FWD (Pt Cruisers and Neons in separate classes)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The car looks great. Love the wheels-When I get a good pic of my car you're gonna have to photoshop those on it!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That is for sure one of the nicest first gens out there(if not the nicest).

Man I love your car Charles, I think you have convinced me to get the ES badges for the rear doors.

All you need to do now is have the cloth in the doors redone!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
k-nash said:
That is for sure one of the nicest first gens out there(if not the nicest).

Man I love your car Charles, I think you have convinced me to get the ES badges for the rear doors.

All you need to do now is have the cloth in the doors redone!
I think it is the nicest, but then again I have a biased opinion.

I always like chrome badges.

I do like those door panels, may go back and visit the upholstery shop.

Something to think about:

(Photoshop helps out so much)

Charles

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Wow. That car is spotless! I'd personally use that as a show car and get another Intrepid as a daily driver :) . Every time I look at it, I find something else that grabs my attention and makes me say "I wish my car had that!"

I also noticed you have a carpeted dash pad. I was thinking about getting one of those to help prevent sun damage and warp my dashboard under the hot sun.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
out of curiosity, how did you manage to get the rear seat back to attach. I remember you Pming me a while back about it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt86 said:
Wow. That car is spotless! I'd personally use that as a show car and get another Intrepid as a daily driver :) . Every time I look at it, I find something else that grabs my attention and makes me say "I wish my car had that!"

I also noticed you have a carpeted dash pad. I was thinking about getting one of those to help prevent sun damage and warp my dashboard under the hot sun.
Thanks for the nice comment.

I don't drive the Intrepid everyday, it sits in the garage most of the time.
Here is my daily driver, MATHPRO

1988 Acura Legend Sedan
Suspension Techniques Springs
18 Enkei DM5 Wheels
225/40/18 BFG Tires
System is almost the same as in my Intrepid, except H/U is a din sized Alpine

Only 72,000 miles on it

Sometimes I drive my wife's daily driver
98 Chyrsler Sebring Convertible

Just put a new Alpine system in it for her

We also have a 2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with 22" wheels for family trips (it sits in the garage next to the Intrepid)

I got the dash mat because the airbag cover on my car is slightly warped, I have been looking on eBay for another, seems to be a common problem on the first gen Intrepids.

Charles

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
gazetowardthesky said:
out of curiosity, how did you manage to get the rear seat back to attach. I remember you Pming me a while back about it.
I actually had the seats shipped to an upholstery shop here in San Diego, I watched that guy work for about four hours on that back seat, he trimmed the outside down to fit the fenderwell, he built a frame for the bottom so the fold down would work right and bolt in, he also trimmed the top corners so the seatbelts would work better, The bottom he took the frame off the first gen seat and it bolted right in. My daughter loves that she has a cup holder in the back now.

He used parts from both frames on the front seats, he said you could use the 2nd gen rails, but you would get full range of motion with the first gen rails. I just know they work and look great and are much more comfortable that my old leather seats.

Charles

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
95Intrepisize said:
Hey Charles, I was just wondering how much your Speedo is messed up with those wheels?
Just slightly more off than yours and well within the error factor of our speedometers any way. Tire Size Calculator

Charles

1 - 20 of 75 Posts