DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is kinda a dumb question, but i was lookin into a k&n intake, and noticed they only had it availaible for the 3.5, and i have a 99' trep with a 3.2. i'm pretty sure the engines are the same size externally, but i wanted to make sure that the k&n would work just as well on a 3.2. also, any info on affect on gas mileage?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Not sure on the gas mileage, but as far as it working, The 2 engines are almost exactly the same externally. You should have no problems hooking it up.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
3.2/3.5 are the same engines (with some minor differences) That intake will work no problem.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'd do it for sure, worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if u want a good intake that's functional, go to AutoZone and look in the sport compact section. there will be a couple of intakes: 92-00 Civic/Integra short ram, accord, and a few colored expandable intake hoses. theyre like $20, and all u need to do is buy a cone filter. i have a universal Green filter that i got at a ricer shop, but its the highest flowing filter on the market.

all u have to do is take off the entire airbox system, minus the one little piece coming off the throttle body, and mount the hose how you want it. clamp the filter over one end, and slide the other into the stock throttle body piece. make sure its secured, or youll hav dirt and crap in your intake system. then cut a small hole where the oil breathing hose is and stick that into the hole. i used electrical tape to make sure it was air-tight. its not too loud, but you will notice the response! ill be happy to slide u some pics if u need help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts