DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to my local dodge dealer tomorrow hopefully to trade in my poor old 95 intrepid im looking at a dark blue 01 es so lets cross fingers

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Excellent choice indeed, hope ya get ur hands on it!!!

Post edited, totally saw bad things coming, so i removed any offensive comments about the SE.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
As much as I would like to say something to that comment...I wont. As the one thing that resembles an SE on my car is my engine and bumper. :D

Oh wow...now that I said that Crombie is going to kick me out of Team SE.

--Gorm

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
gormo66 said:
Oh wow...now that I said that Crombie is going to kick me out of Team SE.
Heh... oh no Jason, you are still an honorary member. :D
Well 95trep? Did you get the ES?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im signing papers on it tomorrow pics soon to follow
54000 miles
autostick
infinity sound
4 disc changer
leather
otis
auto dimming mirror
leather seats

I cant wait!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a sweet setup. :thumbsup: Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I'm having second doubts about this car I got the carfax and it says Major Rental Company from 8 to 30000 miles in one year? It runs great and I'm getting the extended warranty on it so do you think Ill have any problems with the car I need some input quickly:blush:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
95trep said:
Thanks guys I'm having second doubts about this car I got the carfax and it says Major Rental Company from 8 to 30000 miles in one year? It runs great and I'm getting the extended warranty on it so do you think Ill have any problems with the car I need some input quickly:blush:
Well... take the ES to a trusted mech for a thourough check of the engine, and oil. Check other vital fluids. SPark plugs sound like they are still good. Sounds like a deal to me. :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea my total price w the extended warranty and sales tax is 11,000 so hopefully im coming out on top

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well shes sitting in the parking lot outside at work now my god she is got so much power compared to my first gen. Im thinking about keeping my first gen though. Pics will be up sometime in the next couple of days

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to late shes already home I got the extended warranty on it so I'm set if anything goes wrong with it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
nice score. an 01 for 11k that's not bad espescially with a warranty

·
Registered
605 Posts
95trep said:
god she is got so much power compared to my first gen.
Explain. You can really feel the difference between your 3.3L and your new 3.2L ?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gundy97 said:
Explain. You can really feel the difference between your 3.3L and your new 3.2L ?

Yes there is a difference in power the engine wants to go fast and will, I just picked it up today and trust me this thing is fast on the SOP dyno

·
Registered
448 Posts
95, like you I would have reservations about the rental car history. Reality, aside from a couple 'hot rodder-renters' getting behind the wheel, most renters were probably middle-aged fat bastards like me that tooled around from office to airport or magic kingdom to hooters. Remember, rental agencies have professionally trained staff onsite to rectify issues. Heck, I think we have a resident Member that owns a rental agency himself!

One other thing ...cosmetics. When have you ever rented a dirty, beat up ride?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
davescanoe said:
95, like you I would have reservations about the rental car history. Reality, aside from a couple 'hot rodder-renters' getting behind the wheel, most renters were probably middle-aged fat bastards like me that tooled around from office to airport or magic kingdom to hooters. Remember, rental agencies have professionally trained staff onsite to rectify issues. Heck, I think we have a resident Member that owns a rental agency himself!

One other thing ...cosmetics. When have you ever rented a dirty, beat up ride?
true i had my mechanic look at it and he approved it this is my mechanic for like 13 years and he is extremely honest with me so yea this car is bad ass it is so smooth

·
Registered
296 Posts
sounds good to me, I love my ES. You will too. You should be fine with 30k on her, especially with the extended warranty. Good Luck!

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
My 1989 LeBaron had 16K rental miles on her and I drove it for another 130K over the next 11 years.
You'll love the new car - autostick, leather, infinity sound, UH-HUH! But watch out - that auto-stick will cost you 3+mpg ...
if you drive it like I do :biggrin: :devil:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts