DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran and a return to North town mall. Was leaving at the stop light was a dark green Miata Fart pipe out the back. Behind him was a Siliver BMW 3 Series. The light turns green and the Fart pipe Farts away full bore. I let hime get a car lenght and i hit it. The right tire lights up for about 25 feet land i blow right by him. I get ahead and get into the right lane. Here comes the BMW He gets right behind me as we turn on to a 4 lane side road by K mart. I get into the Left lane him in the right. I slow down to let him come even and he wants to play and floors it. We come into a hard right corner he brakes and i step on it and blow right by him. He`s pissed the Dodge out cornered him I slow down again and he passes me and cuts me off No turning light the prick. Up ahead i see a really big water pound in the right lane he has a slow car ahead in the left. You guess it i get in the right lane and floor it hit the Small lake at 45 to 50 and cover his nice and clean new BMW with dirty water. I mean i covered it good he had to but the wipers on. After that he stayed way back. If he was`nt such a prick about being out cornered and cutting me off i would not have nailed him it was a nice looking BMW. To bad such a old fart was driving it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
You out cornered it? Hmmm. I am skeptical. Did he not try to take the corner hard? I could have sworn those small 3 series cars would turn circles around a Trep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well he hit the brakes and i the gas. And after the corner i slowed down to let him catch up. A BMW may out handle the R/T`s but he did not drive like it. Both lanes were dry and no other cars inthe way. Some people just dont know how to drive. I Do, My Father said when i drove my 2000 Club cab Dakota SLT . You are the only person i know that drives a truck like a sports car. Plus the training i got in Germany while being a Duty driver from the US Secret Service helps a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Originally posted by SPOOK R/T:
Miata Fart pipe out the back.
FART PIPE :p

GOOD ONE ;)

NICE KILL :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
Good Kill !!! Sure am glad you didn't hydroplane when you hit the water, I would have loved to see that dude's face.

Hey Viprman, I've read an article in one of the car rags that tested the RT (laguna seca). After the test, pros took out the test cars (RT,BMW/AUDI etc.) and for what it's worth, that day the RT cleaned 'em on the track. It lost the 0-60, 1/4 mile, was quite respectible 0-100 but once on the track, the RT was doing 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap quicker than it's competition. These things do handle. I have a friend who races professionally and his daily driver is a BMW M5 and even HE'LL admit that in the handling department, our 'Treps are quite impressive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by moparman:
Hey Viprman, I've read an article in one of the car rags that tested the RT (laguna seca). After the test, pros took out the test cars (RT,BMW/AUDI etc.) and for what it's worth, that day the RT cleaned 'em on the track. It lost the 0-60, 1/4 mile, was quite respectible 0-100 but once on the track, the RT was doing 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap quicker than it's competition. These things do handle. I have a friend who races professionally and his daily driver is a BMW M5 and even HE'LL admit that in the handling department, our 'Treps are quite impressive.
That is awesome! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,594 Posts
Hey Warlord, I know this is off the topic, but I heard that Bendix is now a separate company from Honeywell and that they are owned by a different company, is that true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by 95-TREP-3.5:
Hey Warlord, I know this is off the topic, but I heard that Bendix is now a separate company from Honeywell and that they are owned by a different company, is that true?
At the moment Bendix IS still part of Honeywell. But, Honeywell is looking to sell off it's friction material business (aka Bendix). They are also looking at what it would cost to shut the business down. However I doubt they will go the shut down route, but who the hell knows. That is why I put what I did in my sig. Because whether or not we are sold or shut down, my job security isn't looking too good. Needless to say I'm looking for a new job. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,594 Posts
Hmm.......interesting, because I had heard that bendix commercial vehicle systems llc is part of the knorr-bremse group, which has no affiliation with honeywell. So are they going to be combing through the corporate hairs and pull all the lice out? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by 95-TREP-3.5:
Hmm.......interesting, because I had heard that bendix commercial vehicle systems llc is part of the knorr-bremse group, which has no affiliation with honeywell. So are they going to be combing through the corporate hairs and pull all the lice out? :confused:
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems is different from Bendix brakes (not sure on all the little details).

I started with Bendix October 2000. Even before I started working there Honeywell was looking at selling off the friction materials business. We had a buyer about a year ago, but just before the deal was about to close, the Honeywell/GE merger was going forward. The merger was stopped by the European Union, and the buyer wasn't interested anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Nice kill, nad drowning!!

Brown
Muddy
Water :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top