Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #221

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Ok ...small update

I ran into a snag. As I mentioned, I want the tablet to be able to flip down, and allow access to the headunit and/or EQ that will be installed behind it. I did a lot of planning, but didn't take into consideration, that the USB wire and plug that goes into the headphone jack...would stop it from doing so.

I had to choose between a fixed install, Cutting a notch for the wire to pass thru, making the tablet flip inward (didn't want to cut factory mounting holes), or widening the opening. I went with the wider opening.

Here I marked the new opening, and cut it out. I used the pieces I cut out, and CA glued them to the bezel around the tablet. The tacked everything in place, where I wanted.

I started filing in the gaps. I went with the plastic weld method this time. Trying to avoid fiberglass, as much as possible on this. To fill the bottom where the cubby hole went, I used the bottom portion of the factory radio opening...to get a straight line, and retain the same curvature around the corners.

I have 2 more gaps to fill, then I can start on the "flipping" mechanism. It can't be flimsy.
I want the gaps to be real small, but still let the tablet flip freely.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
The B-pillars are now wrapped in black suede to match the headliner, A-pillars, and C-pillars

Added a thin chrome strip to the bottom, to help break things up. Goes well with the rings in the 300M cluster and clock.

Before and After pics

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
The B-pillars are now wrapped in black suede to match the headliner, A-pillars, and C-pillars

Looking real good, nice touch on the chrome trim.

on a side note, get rid of the b-ball and clean that stuff up. :whistle: HEHE

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Gottaupgrade this thread soon. I have a couple new mods to show.

But it the mean time. I have to get this timing belt replaced. It snapped the other day and hoping for the best. If not, swap time.

I have a question tho. Where can I find the camshaft holding tools? They would make things a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I have a question tho. Where can I find the camshaft holding tools? They would make things a lot easier.
In my notes, the "cam lock" is a 8 x 1.25 x 80 mm screw passed through an appropriately sized socket. I forget if you need one or two of these. The passenger side may not need one. This screw through a socket idea certainly isn't factory, but it worked well for me the one time I used it. Besides, the factory cam holder requires access to the rear of the heads, which is not easy.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
As i said on Facebook, looks great! I gotta get to work on updating my thread come to think of it :p
Thanks again..

I said the same thing. What stops me from updating more often on here, is the fact that I can't just upload pics, and have to log into my Photobucket, upload, copy, then paste on here :sneaky2:

221 - 239 of 239 Posts