DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so you have HID in your headlights but do you have anythings special in the fogs? cuz im thinking about getting some headlight cover
Yeah I got HIDs in my headlights. They were a gift from a friend...so I might as well. I had hopes of it helping out with the light output...with the covers. It did...but nothing significant. My fogs are stock for now. I'm doing a custom projector project...that will give me the light I need.

I live in the city..so it's not too dark at night.
I love the look of the covers though!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Changed the carpet a few weeks ago. I decided to go with a black one.I also added some sound deadening.

Picked this up at the yard for $19. Excellent condition! Came out of an 03 SE

Stripped the car down

Since the carpet came from a car with Column shift. I had to cut it to fit. I just laid my old one on top..as a template. Then used a blade to cut it.

Cleaning the floor a bit...and started laying the sound deadening

I also took the liberty of running the 300M seat harness. So I can have heat/memory, when I decide to install the seats.

Sound deadening. Easily the most time consuming part of the day :-/

Placed in the new carpet

Putting things back together

Done!

I love it! Makes the interior feel darker already. Looks twice as good also. I do hate having to vacuum more often though.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Looks good!

I don't know if I'm going to use this one I got from you because of the "spot"... might look around some for a better one. I'll hit you up on the paypal sometime around the beginning of the week.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks good!

I don't know if I'm going to use this one I got from you because of the "spot"... might look around some for a better one. I'll hit you up on the paypal sometime around the beginning of the week.
Ok.. oh don't forget to take the dollar I owe you.

how much of a difference does that sound deadening make
A very noticeable difference. I can't wait to do the doors.

What's the name brand and type you used?

Also, time to get a leather boot shifter; otherwise, sweet car.
The same thing I posted in the 100K thread. I used "quik roof" from Home Depot. Works great...and no smell!

And I have a leather boot shifter. Just haven't painted it yet :D

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another small update...

Gotta love the Sponge Bob table lol I had to borrow that from my Godson, while he was asleep :tt2:

Started the wrapping the 1st pillar. I found it easier to start on the other side. The dramatic curve where the sail speaker sit against. IS a PITA to wrap...so it's better to get that out of the way 1st.

Trimmed the excess material

then folded it around and glue it

All done...

I Messed up on the driver side pillar do, so I have to redo it. I had about 2" left to wrap. While spray the adhesive...I accidentally got some over spray onto the finished part...and that contact cement will not come off :banghead:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I wanna do my headliner in some material like that. Looks good!!
I had it in my last car, and it's real nice. I think I wanna do a lil' design this time.

Wow, that is sweet looking. What is the A-Pillar wrapped in?
Thanks, It's some black Microsuede material

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey Wendell, what do you think about some of the leathers and fabrics at this site?

http://www.alsacorp.com/

edit: I like the "chrome leather"!
That's some interesting stuff Ed. I came across a couple cars with those type of fabrics...at a few car shows. Very eye catching and unique...but it's just hard to make it blend in. I'm tryna think of some use for some of the materials they offer. Seems to be high quality stuff.

Looking good Wendell!
I'm flattered...but I don't swing that way :gay:

lmao! Thanks Steph

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Keeping the theme going...

I kinda screwed up the vinyl on one of my 300M panels. (Thatnk god I get them for $8 ea :D ) ... so I decided to use it as a "test" panel. Since I have about 5 different ideas in mind...on how I want my door panels.

I added some black suede on the top circular part...and the wood will be gloss black (not polished yet) I like the subtle contrast between Agate and black.

Next I will see how it looks with the door handle section in flat black.

I like it. I'll post better pics next time I update.

21 - 40 of 239 Posts