DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
it looks awesome i really should re wrap my headliner. how much did the fabric run you?
Well I used some high quality stuff (Auto-grade microsuede) ...was about $24 a yard...and I used 4 yards. Only because I had to do my sunroof shade,A,B,C pillars.

For just the headliner...you might just need 1 yard, or 2...just to be safe. There's also so foambacked material you can order online...for like $15/yd ...that's what I recommend if your headliner is loose or ripped. Gotta strip it clean, before you car re-wrap it.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Looks good, though I've been thinking about doing mine in a more "leather" type fabric. Where'd you buy your materials?
Ed...IMO, that would be way too much leather/vinyl ...but I also don't know what you have in mind. Chrome leather right? IIRC

The guy at the Upholstery shop ordered it for me. Got it from a local wholesaler that only deals with businesses. I payed $60 for him to wrap the headliner, sunroof shade, and all 6 pillars. Coulda done it myself...but I thought it was a good deal. Plus I was short on time. So about $120 for everything. Material and labor.

Dude! Can't go spillin' yer seed in another man's sig thread! LOL

Having said that - looks great Wendell! Those wrapped pillars are awesome.
:rofl:
Thanks Eric... I originally had the pillars painted, but it looks more uniformed wrapped.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well I used some high quality stuff (Auto-grade microsuede) ...was about $24 a yard...and I used 4 yards. Only because I had to do my sunroof shade,A,B,C pillars.

For just the headliner...you might just need 1 yard, or 2...just to be safe. There's also so foambacked material you can order online...for like $15/yd ...that's what I recommend if your headliner is loose or ripped. Gotta strip it clean, before you car re-wrap it.
So I'll be sending you around $150 soon..paypal = bbnov(something right?) .. is there a way I can see the shades/patterns of black(if there are choices)?
headliner should be 1.5 ...2 will wrap visors too... but double check that before ordering.
I'll be texting soon to discuss further

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
So I'll be sending you around $150 soon..paypal = bbnov(something right?) .. is there a way I can see the shades/patterns of black(if there are choices)?
headliner should be 1.5 ...2 will wrap visors too... but double check that before ordering.
I'll be texting soon to discuss further
What's all the pieces you'll be wrapping? pillars also?

you can txt me also

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A,B,C Pillars,Modded Tweet pods, Headliner, visors, (I'll leave the rear deck vinyl..dont wanna overkill it with suede) .. I'll have to measure out a couple other pieces I'd like to do.. I'll text again for sure

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Thought you already had the visors done Wendell.. or did you have them re-done again to match the suede you used?
Well the wrapping was done a long time ago. I had to paint the tiny plastic dowel, that snaps into the visor clips. I used actual PPG clear coat on it, since it needs to be very durable, and be able to hold up with constant rubbing with the clips. Rattle can clear would chip/peel after a couple times.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well the wrapping was done a long time ago. I had to paint the tiny plastic dowel, that snaps into the visor clips. I used actual PPG clear coat on it, since it needs to be very durable, and be able to hold up with constant rubbing with the clips. Rattle can clear would chip/peel after a couple times.
Aaaah..I see.. I had planned to replace my "dowel" with a piece of chrome rod of some kind...or highly polished aluminum rod...reason for that is..I didnt want to have to worry about paint chips..lol even though I VERY rarely use my visors.. Feel free to borrow that Idea ;)

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Aaaah..I see.. I had planned to replace my "dowel" with a piece of chrome rod of some kind...or highly polished aluminum rod...reason for that is..I didnt want to have to worry about paint chips..lol even though I VERY rarely use my visors.. Feel free to borrow that Idea ;)
Haha well I had plenty of paint available, so I went with that. You gotta worry about the clips also. I like the idea, but the dowel need to be hollow, to allow the thin metal rod to pass thru. If I went that route, I wouldn't use chrome tho.

81 - 100 of 239 Posts