DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

101 - 120 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This so awesome, it took a lot of work, eh?

Thanks Doug...

Not at all. Disassembling the handles are a piece of cake. I just cleaned the part you hold on to, with some mineral spirits, and sprayed it with a vinyl paint. The gloss part was sanded smooth and painted with plastic paint. Once it cured, I then color sanded and polished.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Oooh mineral spirits and plastic... not a good combination.
Would the mineral spirits and plastic have any long standing problems though? I'd expect that once the spirits flashed, it'd be o.k.?
Isopropyl alcohol works to clean handles before paint as well..if you're worried about melting the plastic :)
Had no problems whatsoever. The mineral spirits is not industrial strength, and the plastic is actually hard/rigid enough, to withstand it.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Ok guys...been a while since my last update. Basically headliner is done...and signal mirrors installed. Few other small projects are also in the works...

Here's the pics! my theme is Matte black/ gloss black/ with chrome accents.

All beige pieces were repainted

Visor pull-outs matte black...surrounding trim in gloss black

Mirror cover matte...surround in gloss.

I have to embossed lines running from sunroof, to the rear of the headliner. Just to add a lil detail...and minimize the huge negative space. I glued 2 pieces of rope unto my original headliner, then laid the new ultrasuede material over that.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Looking good Wendell! I'm loving the headliner..

Btw.... where the heck you been mang?
Thanks Ed. I've been browsing but not posting. Just been a lil busy as of late.

That is just AWESOME. And I LOVE the rope accents! that is fantastic looking.
Thanks Cean ... I love it also, it was a gamble that paid off.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Wow...........gorgeous as always Wendy!
I appreciate it Will,
My interior is nearing completion. Biggest mod left, will be some 300M door panels. Need to find a way, to make them level will my trep dash.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
Also added these (Thanks to MitchQ2 for the great deal) ...color-matched 300M Special mirrors. I ran wires for heat, but haven't connected it. Might not bother, since I live in FL. But Also a few extra wires for a future mod, that I plan to do to the mirrors.

Need to swap out the amber lens to some clear/smoked ones.

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Welcome to the special mirror club... only I don't have mine installed yet. :-(

I see someone didn't disassemble them before painting.... Previously silver? Maybe some nightshades to match the headlight covers?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Welcome to the special mirror club... only I don't have mine installed yet. :-(

I see someone didn't disassemble them before painting.... Previously silver? Maybe some nightshades to match the headlight covers?
I don't know if it were disassembled or not, but that's wax residue, left under the lens. I've thought about nightshading the inner lens (amber one) lens...and not the outer clear one. Still on the fence...but it would be a better match, once I get some Spyder headlights.

101 - 120 of 239 Posts