DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

121 - 140 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Interior looks very nice! Loving all the hard work and attention to detail put into it. The specials mirrors look great on your ride. I want to attack my interior very soon with suede also.

Can I ask what adhesive you used on your headliner / pillars? I don't wanna start this project with ruining some suede.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Interior looks very nice! Loving all the hard work and attention to detail put into it. The specials mirrors look great on your ride. I want to attack my interior very soon with suede also.

Can I ask what adhesive you used on your headliner / pillars? I don't wanna start this project with ruining some suede.
Thanks for the compliments!

Your ride is looking great also.

The suede headliner/pillars...is arguably my favorite mod so far. I get compliments all the time. So I know you'll love it. Just make sure you buy "Automotive grade" suede, and not that cheap stuff from local fabric chains. They're not as good.

The glue he used is called Weldwood contact cement...and can be found at Walmart. Works great, and is strong enough, to hold the suede, which is a heavy fabric. We sprayed right over the factory headliner.

You'll need a spray gun for it.

If you have a shop do it for you. Make sure you remove everything yourself. You'll save a lot on labor.

After Materials ( about 4 yards @$17/yr...for headliner, sunroof shade, 6 pillars, 2 visors) and labor. I probably spend around $120 ...

·
Registered
525 Posts
That interior is SUPER DUPER NICE, I am starting my interior next week myself. Great job, and ideal to have a shop spray the glue.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
That interior is SUPER DUPER NICE, I am starting my interior next week myself. Great job, and ideal to have a shop spray the glue.
Thanks bro. Post some pics as you go along! I'd love to see the progress.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
>Have to repaint my dash sometimes soon. Fiberglass cracking around the clock -___-

>Today...I started on my audio install, swapping in my chrome door handles (not sure if I'm gonna keep them in) ...might throw in my chrome shifter in later today.

>... the car is getting an exterior makeover soon :D

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
It looks really nice. Great work on the custom painting and the Special mirrors look great.
Thanks bro...

Yesterday... I sanded and primed some door pieces to paint. Also redoing my shifter bezel, since the texture still was showing some (primer shrunk after curing) ...also wanted to use a better/more durable clear.

I also ran wires for the rear courtesy lights. Not sure how I want to connect power to them yet. Most people tap into the lights in the headliner, but I was thinking about using the fronts courtesy lights.

I added sound deadening to the front doors, and will do the rears tomorrow.

I'll see if I can snap some pics next time.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Glad to see that gearset hasn't fallen out yet.

Pfft. Still shake my head on thinking "meh couldn't be that hard".
Lmaooo yeah man, you did bite off a lil more than you could chew that day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That headliner is GORGEOUS! Very upscale. I may be wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you covered the A pillars too. Well done.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Not so much about chewing, as much as about price. Doing the gears was easy. The exhuast what really killed it.
True... I owe you dinner

exhaust? Don't recall that being done
That headliner is GORGEOUS! Very upscale. I may be wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you covered the A pillars too. Well done.
Thank you, I appreciate it.
You're right, A,B and C pillars were covered. Although I've yet to install the B pillars. I still have my painted ones in

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Got my new wheels in today :D

Way lighter than my last set of 22s. I love em!

Now to find some new rubber for them!

Also want to get a better transmission mount (maybe oem) ...and swap in my rotors before I mount them.

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
Nice boxes of 'rims'. Got to see the real McCoy...

So all that work for two loose bolts and your tranny mount is still bad? I thought you had the parts but didn't put them on at the meet?

Dam Ben. HEHE :D

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Apparently, according to Dev. I don't remember.
I didn't have to on mine... crossmember yes, but I don't see why he had to remove the exhaust to do the gear swap. Unless you've got some kind of funky custom exhaust setup.

Got my new wheels in today :D

1. open box
2. take picture
3. post that ****!

121 - 140 of 239 Posts