DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and searched and seen nothing about Meguiars Cleaner Wax.....

I picked up some from Walleys Mart today, wife bought a bunch of armor all stuff, we took it back and I seen the cleaning wax, got there soap and leather cleaner stuff too....

Anybody have experience with it, or should I return it also????

·
Registered
219 Posts
Meguiars Cleaner Wax is the best!!! Leaves ur car's color like new! I had some problem where i put some crap on my hood there for scratches and what happen was that it dulled my color where i put it. it like took alway the clear coat. and it was sooooo noticeble. I came to the forum and they recommended this for my car and mannnnn it restoreddd it ; ) you gotta look real real close to notice anything was there. I totaly say dont take it back and its my 1st time using it (yesturday)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
gotcha... i just remember there being a thread a little while back of a guy who thought just using Step 1 was all he needed. This stuff seems okay, i just cant imagine it accomplishing all that much in one process.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the general rule is that cleaner waxes give up a little durability to non-cleaner versions. It also can't be layered for extra durability or "deeper" look if you're going for that. Other than that, you should be fine and you can always get a non-cleaner wax to top the other later if you want.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Meguiars makes good stuff. You probably can't go wrong with any of their stuff. When I do have time to detail mine, I've been using Gold Class. Just this summer I thought I'd try something new and picked up a bottle of their polish, step #2 I think. Wow! Amazing stuff. Smells awesome too. Like bananas. Clean the car and dry it. Go over it with the polish and then wax over that and nice deep shine. I've got Gold Class liquid, the liquid polish, a tube of scratchx and a bottle of plastx. The plastx works good on the headlights, but I found that it also worked good on my wife's windshield on her last car. The previous owner never changed the wipers it appeared because there were "arches" etched into the glass. Daytime driving wasn't bad but nighttime with the headlights and street lights beaming off each line was like some hyperspace looking **** from Star Wars. I took a chance and buffed the windshield a few times with plastx and it made a difference. I recommend anything that you might try, try it first in an inconspicuous place first to see what it'll do. With the windsheild, I started in the lower corner of the passenger side, where the driver doesn't normally look out of to make sure I didn't make it worse.

Yeah, Meguiar's definately makes good stuff.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
velobard said:
I think the general rule is that cleaner waxes give up a little durability to non-cleaner versions. It also can't be layered for extra durability or "deeper" look if you're going for that. Other than that, you should be fine and you can always get a non-cleaner wax to top the other later if you want.
It's not supposed to be layered to begin with, cleaner wax is step one of the 3 step process.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Yes, it is. Pretty long lasting, very easy application and removal. The NXT Tire Shine spray is the best i've ever used.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I used the endurance gel, and have found that the NXT spray lasts longer, and spits up less on the rear quarter and the front foor.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found the 3 step at Fleet Farm, and replaced step 3 with liquid NXT...

And how often is to often to wash and wax??? We have a gravel driveway and she is getting pretty dusty after like 2 weeks, is 2 to 3 weeks to much to wash and NXT it???

I figure doing the full 3 steps again in the fall before the snow flies, and in the spring, and just wash and wax in between.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Every few weeks is fine to wax. NXT is a decent wax and it has just enough cleaners in it that it won't build up much more than 2 layers most of the time, so the act of waxing will take off enough to avoid a build-up.

Wash as often as you like, but do so carefully to avoid swirls and such. Wool mitts and microfiber towels are your friends.

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
I used the endurance gel, and have found that the NXT spray lasts longer, and spits up less on the rear quarter and the front foor.
Hmmm, I've never had any sling from Endurance. Are you wiping off excess, including drips in tread?

If you're happy with NXT spray, go for it! :fun_08: The only Megs tire spray I've tried is Hot Tires. I even like the Vroom stuff from Target, but the durability wasn't so good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts