DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a sucker for tools, and needing to get the job done faster and as I get older and my hands hurt, I am always looking for a better tool.

So I got my summer rims out of the shed today and they needed some serious work.

Now, I used to bring these back each year with just my hands, some Chrome polish and a rag. But I am looking for an easier way and to save some time.

I own a powerball Mini and tried to use it.

It worked okay I guess but left some work to be done because it did not get into the corners and wandered in the flat areas and was hard to control.
So, I visited my local auto retail giant and purchased one of these.

I tried the included polish but was less than impressed. So I went back to my favorite chrome polish. TurtleWax.
This is a better shot of the Dynacone I got off the internet. Looks like it was used on Aluminum wheels.

Mine hardly looks used after doing 4 wheels. One thing I noticed while using the DynaCone was that there was no lose of foam during use like there was with the Powerball. It was easier to get into the nooks and crannies than the PowerBall, and overall did a better, quicker job.
Both come with an sleeved extension that can be held during use to maximize control.
PowerBall Rating 3 Starz
DynaCone Rating 5 Starz

Mothers does sell a PowerCone but it looks to be made of the same foam as the PowerBall and since the PowerBall sheds, I stayed away.

Anyway, now for the final results

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks awesome. Now I know what to get for doing my rims.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Looks great. Do mine next... :D

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I've lways been impressed with the condition of your rims.....absolutely blinding shine. I still love my powerball for so many other things though.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
What was the cost of the DynaCone?

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've lways been impressed with the condition of your rims.....absolutely blinding shine. I still love my powerball for so many other things though.
Oh, I won't be throwing the power ball in the trash. :D

What was the cost of the DynaCone?
$26
Hmmm, I'm going to look into that. Oh and Turtle Wax Chrome Polish FTMFGDW!!!!!
The easiest to use IMO bro!

GEEZ Duds, like your wheels were reallly DIRTY to begin with, I think you could of used a kleenex to clean all four, LMAO... LOOKING GREAT DUD'S....
I tried several cleaners Louie, including Adams GP, only metal polish would remove it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
looks very nice, does anyone have any idea is steel wool does any damage? Ive used it 2x and its left my wheels lookin brand new. They were on a car that was sittin in a field for over a year, before and after pics are insane

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks very nice, does anyone have any idea is steel wool does any damage? Ive used it 2x and its left my wheels lookin brand new. They were on a car that was sittin in a field for over a year, before and after pics are insane
Steel wool scratches. It may make some wheels look better but doubt it makes them look brand new.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
After talking to Doug today I decided to try another tool on the market. I use the same polish as Doug, but besides the Momentums, I have a large set of aluminum wheels on the Ram that need to be cleaned and I was pretty sure the foam wouldn't hold up. This little gem has some foam sandwiched in micro fiber material and I think will hold up to a little more severe work. I will get back with the results as soon as I get a chance to try it out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts