DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
I have heard in the past of one instance where this product stripped the chrome off of a person's wheel. I had the instinct of it being a manufacturing error but the one story has scared me from trying it.

Has anyone used the product with great results, and or no trouble?
If it says it's for chrome and it's made by Meguiars, I'd use it with complete confidence. That person's wheels could have been junk. Take the Chrysler chrome plating for example, it peels if you look at it the wrong way!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i used some turtle wax chrome polish my neighbor gave me for free, on my exhaust tip, that was really rusty. it took alot of the rust off, and im sure if i spend more time on it, it will take it all off..

if i was to actually buy some polish it would be mothers or meguires...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just bought 22" tis-07 wheels Triple chrome.and i want a good chrome agent that wont fu*k them up.they cost me 25% of my cars value.and i cant go cheap on the cleaner.any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
call the rim manufacturer and find out what they recommend, thats what i would do, instead risking danger to them, ;) Good Luck!,, and please let us know what they say, im interested as well!, ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
call the rim manufacturer and find out what they recommend, thats what i would do, instead risking danger to them, ;) Good Luck!,, and please let us know what they say, im interested as well!, ;)[/Q

I just rememberd i read the manual when i got them.it says use soap and water to clean them.i used Blu Magic on my old chrome rims.the best chrome shine i have ever used but i cannot find it at any stores.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I dont have any chrome as of yet, but will include it on my Maintenance list for the spring, bud!, maybe a pair of (Jordans)23's???, ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use this product all the time and it works great.But like ludacris said i wouldn,t leave it on to long before rinsing it,s pretty strong stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts