DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gise1 gave me a great idea for a new thread. Granted, some of us may not enjoy talking about smashing up our Intrepids, but I thought just for s&g it'd be interesting to see what people post.

Accident #1
June 15, 2000
Just moved to Sun Prairie, WI from Plymouth to start school on June 25. I was down on Main Street coming back from the bank when I pulled up behind a full-size Chevy pickup (was a company truck for some local seed CO-OP).

The intersection was had traffic lights and the north/south was green (I was heading west). The bad part about this intersection is that the it's a truck route. So this semi is turning in front of this chevy pickup and the driver of the chevy decides to give the semi some clearance. Well the old guy didn't look behind him before he backed up, and next thing I know there's I see my hood wrinkle up and hear some other sh*t break.

Conclusion: He got a ticket for unsafe backing. Almost $2500 in damage to my Intrepid (fascia, hood, headlights, 1 fender, + paint).

Accident #2
January 2001
As I was going to school at 7am I came out to my car to find the front passenger corner smashed in. Someone had hit me head-on in the parking lot overnight. No note, nothing. Just a drive off. I was pissed. Cops came, accident reports, etc. Nice part was that there was white paint on my blue car..hmmmm....2 weeks later this skanky chick comes to visit one of her druggy friends in my building. Her car is white...a closer look reveals the corner of her bumper has a gash in it, that was painted over white again by hand (horrible job).
Conclusion: turned her ass over to the cops, got a car alarm, and now I sleep better :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
November 1996

Had my Vision about three months, dealer put a new set of tires on the front (Total crap).

Was on my way home from work, enjoying V6 power (I.E. driving to fast) is I come up to a sharp left curve, the right front tire decides to disintergrate at that very moment.

I was a bit startled, and was doing about 50, turned a little to late, the car didn't turn enough because of the blowout, and I slammed directly onto the curb.

Destroyed the front rim, bent the rear, bent the front right tie rods, lower control arm, engine cradle, and right steering knuckle.

About $2500 later I had my car back. :(

April 2000

Was waiting for a car to make a left hand turn on a major 2 lane road, was run into from behind at about 30. No damage whatsoever, not even a scuff of the paint. The other car a mid to late 80s mazda sedan, crushed the front end, pushed the fenders into the front tires, crushed the radiator, broke the tranny cooler lines...it was a mess... fluids bleeding out all over the place.. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought my car in January 1998. Only 3 months later, a drunk driver hit the passenger side of the car, going all the way down the car. He was arrested, and I had a fully replaced front 1/4, front door, rear door, and rear tire. Something like $3,500 in damage. This was in Salem, OR.

I moved back to Chicago in August of 1998. In October of 1998, I was traveling home in rush hour traffic in Chicago (DuPage County) when a guy rushed a red light into my lane... I had the choice of hitting him, or hitting the car next to me. I tried to avoid as best as I could, but dragged all the way down the side of his car (a Taurus). He lied to the insurance company and a witness claim helped me. I got a check for $2,500 from his State Farm.

Later, my ex (while planning my demise) drained the bank account and divorced me (among other things). My trep still wears the scars on the front right 1/4. Something I should fix... just lazy, I guess.

-Wolf out

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well one day i was one my way to work and BAM!!! i hit the curb. don't know how the hell i did it. just driving along and it happened. no major damage, one bent strut and a big bulge on the tire. after that it was a week, week and a 1/2 before it went in to the shop. only cost about $250. But i needed new tires and that was $300. I would have gotten better performance tires but i'm in high school w/ a part time job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
lets see...
1st accident...parked in some parking lot, some dude swipes the right rear quarter (decimated), i dont know, i wasnt there,...needed replacing, and paint (cause a gray primer panel is NO good on a car built after 1990)

2nd accident...winter, a couple of years ago, picked up a friend of mine, ran over a tree planter (curb) in her apartment parking lot (w/o a tree in it, so i couldnt see it), hit it at an angle, going 20 ...cracked motor mount, broken right front rim, alingment was so bad the wheel was 1/4 turn to travel straight...$$$$$$$

3rd accident...mysterious tire marks along entire left side of car (marks were exact height of a honda fourtrax atv...) :mad: repaired by the 'tard who did it...

4th accident...mysterious, yellow-covered and smashed LEFT rear quarter panel...and a school bus with a green-teal streak trailing from front to back...tthe county picked up that bill

5th accident...(notice how 4 out of 5 semi-major accidents im nowhere to be found???) friends mom backs blazer out of driveway, im parked at the end...trailer hitch broke right through the bumper cover, bent radiator mount (but coolant system was intact), broken headlights, broken signals, minor dents on hood, scratches, ...and a broken toe after kicking the blazer...HARD.

damn, now im depressed...i dont like this post very much...(j/k) :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
nov. 20,99 i had a 78 el cameno i was on my way to work i have just got i back from the body shop when i was hit on both sides of the car about 3,500 to replas it all

·
Registered
583 Posts
aug 28,2000
taking corner on my cbr1000f.started to slide. highsided, did a superman into a couple trees. Next thing I know it was two weeks later and I'm in ICU in boston medical center. two months of physical theropy,titanium and stainless holding my leg together, and no use of my left arm. The funniest thing was when I woke up the first thing I said was "how does my bike look?"

·
Registered
11 Posts
jan. 2001. g-friend took it 2 work while i was on vacation, had a funny feelin,(no really) only had the damn thing 4 like 2 months. she tried to pull into a drug store, and some stupid ***** had the entrance blocked on the wrong side(**** i hate that), so she had 2 stop. trash truck tried 2 slow down, snow on the road, youget the picture 10 mph or so. rear bumper,trunk,allthe tail lights, trashed 3000 in damage. did get a free loaner though. 2000 stratus es. i beat the **** out of it for a week and1\2

·
Registered
261 Posts
March 2002 neighbor kid was moving his sisters boyfriends car(dumbass just had to double park behind me) the idiot apparently couldnt tell the dif between reverse and drive and drove into my rear end. only a minor chip in the paint easly fixed with touch up paint, but he tryed to lie and say he didnt do it when I watched it happen :mad:

O'yea his mom also cliped the rear corner of my bumper. Luckly it only scuffed the paint and I easly cover it with red colored car wax every time I wash the car

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Holy old thread Batman. I spose I can add to the stories. Well it's not really a story. More like a I'm an idiot and wanted to kick myself in the sack. I was going to the post office. I pull into a parking spot and throw it in park. Go inside get my mail. Come back out and my car is up against a handrail. Apparently I hadn't put it all the way into park and it idled forward. I now have a 5" crease in the hood right next to the ram head hood emblem. That's why I have a LeBra, to cover up my idiocy. :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
last october durring homecomming week i smashed up my bro's 96 trep. there were a lot of ladybugs out then and when i went to make a turn, one flew in my eye. i tried to blink it out and i heard the screeching wheels of a dumbass woman's SUV. BAM! she tried to make a turn on a street that she was half way passed. she did not have a turn signal. she claimed fault and i never got a ticket! DAMN LADY BUGS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, just happened on Monday. I was driving home from the gym on a three lane road when this woman in a Grand Cherokee next to me decides she wants to turn left right away. Puts her blinker on for maybe a fraction of a second, cuts the wheel going about 40-50 and rocks the hell outta my car. Car spins around nails a curb and a light pole and she is the one pissed off when I get out of the car! Immediately I kinda started laughing, I couldnt believe she was cussing me out accusing me of not seeing her blinker! Oh well, things weren't bad til the cop got there and tried to blame ME for the whole accident. He was being a total prick for no reason, thank goodness I had a witness stop and ask if I needed any help. The witness gave the cop her story of what happened...he mumbled a few words under his breath, and didnt even give the woman who hit me a ticket!!! He just filled out a report showing that a wreck happened (neither myself nor the woman was blamed for the wreck in the report). So of course getting her insurance company to pay for this is going to be one hell of a hassle. Damage got estimated at about $3,600. The entire passenger side of my car is gone, and her grille, bumber and left headlight are embedded in the side of my car. Oh well, thank god it wasnt a rear end collison so my system didnt get harmed, then I may have been a little upset. At least I still got the tunes! :cool:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
well...back in oct2002 i was cruising at about 35mph going to a car show when i heard a crunch and the front end of my trep slammed onto the ground. i slid into the curb on the right and tore the suspension out.
i get out and look and my right front tire sheared off at the studs and front fender,bumper,struts and neons where demolished.
my insurance paid me some of the money but i had to foot 800 bucks.
it's fixed now but it sure scared me.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
that seems to be a recurring theme around here. well the only accident if you could call it that that happend to my trep was when my dad had it at ups and one of the yard trucks scraped the frond end and rubbed some rubber permantly on my left front bumper. you can see it in my sig pic.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
my mother somehow put a big crease in my bumper above my pass. fog light. the fog light isn't broke.. just the bumper is pushed in.

hmm.. parents.

·
Registered
576 Posts
my last car was totaled three times...

twice not my fault and the other last time was my fault....the intrepid has not been touched in the year ive had it...asside from a bunch of parking lot dings...what the hell is up with those anyways? stupid ass people

·
Registered
261 Posts
well it wasnt the Intrepid, and it didnt happen to me, but My Camaro has been nailed in the a$$ real good on the drivers side. you cant tell from the out side, but if you remove the interior pannel in the hatch on the drivers side you can see where the fender is dented up real good, and the putty used to reshape the fender came threw the holes they drilled to pop the finder back in place as good as they could. the bumper is still crunched up on that side to. they just put a new bumber cover on it so you cant tell :eek:
Sad thing is the dealer where I bought it didnt tell me it had been wrecked :eek: and the carfax report came back clean :confused: guess the accident was never reported! :(

O'well I got it for a great price, and I plan on fully restoring it eventualy so no big deal realy! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my 96 Intrepid, had it 6 days! It was perfect condition. I was sitting at a stop light when it turned green. The vehicle in front of me, ford van - woman driver, need I say more ha ha, well the vehicle in front of her stalled, so she decided to go around. Only problem, she had to back up to get around the other vehicle. She back right into me, smashed in the hood, scrapped the paint off the bumper, and broke the headlite mounts. She got cited, and I was pissed! Not even a week and I get hit, just my luck! 1500 in damage and insurance only paid 500, so I still have scars from that incident. By the way, who thought of placing the horn buttons on the outer perimeter of the airbag? I noticed recently that now they are both in the customary center position. Might have helped me earlier.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts