DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i bought a new cd player, and i took original radio out, put new in, installed all wires, but still cd player is not working. Red light on cd player is plinkin, but when i pess power button nothing hapens !? And one more thing, now my remote starter is not working too :( Enybody got a solution ?

I have 2000 Chrysler intrepid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was doing old fashion way, so splicing a wires:takethat:

About my remote start, car will start when i press power button, but unlocking and trunk, are stoped working, i am so confused...:glum:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i couldn't imagine that it will be so tough. I was doing that on a few european cars and it was easy, butt American cars, wow they made it so complicated. I checked a fuse of cd player, and it is good. When i take the front plate, there is a red light bliping, but again when i press power nothing happens. I didnt connect Car Stereo Antenna Trigger wire, and dimmer wire, could that be a problem ?

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
also make sure your ground to the radio is good, its a braded wire that was hooked to the OEM radio,,, ask me how i know,,,,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep i put that thing on a bolt on the back of cd player, but there is also a black wire thats coming off cd, its also ground, but i dont know what to do with that one.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
yep i put that thing on a bolt on the back of cd player, but there is also a black wire thats coming off cd, its also ground, but i dont know what to do with that one.
Yup - like it was said, ground that wire. The radio will not automatically chassis ground. Run that black wire to the bolt on the back of the radio you added the braid to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finish the work yesterday, it was only one fuse who was making problems, now i am done, put new cd player in, amp and 12" woofer. Now i am happy :) Thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts