DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill was at our local Dodge dealer today. My neighbor works there and called me at work to tell me. Took a long lunch and went to see him. Got to talk to him for a few minutes. He was in the Vancouver BC area doing some skiing and stopped by to see the dealer, who is a friend of his. He asked how long I'd been a fan, I said since Riverside! Pretty cool, to me anyway.:)

·
Registered
881 Posts
awesome I bet you don't wash that hand for the rest of your life.

·
980 Posts
OneFore9 said:
Bill was at our local Dodge dealer today. My neighbor works there and called me at work to tell me. Took a long lunch and went to see him. Got to talk to him for a few minutes. He was in the Vancouver BC area doing some skiing and stopped by to see the dealer, who is a friend of his. He asked how long I'd been a fan, I said since Riverside! Pretty cool, to me anyway.:)
What a great day, I got his autograph on a t-shirt in the garage at Phoenix in 2000, he was very gracious, glad you were able to talk to him a little, something I did not get to do except say thanks.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Bill is awesome! Great, down-to-earth guy! I have several autographed items from Bill back when he was racing the T-Birds for Coors and Bud. He signed one of the hood scoops from my last T-Bird. I removed the scoop before I sold the car, and packed it away in my collection of stuff! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
titanguy65 said:
awesome I bet you don't wash that hand for the rest of your life.

Just hope that he washed his hand at some recent point right before he shook yours. ;)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i met him at a mcdonalds 7-8 years ago, there was a line that wrapped around the building, and he stayed for almost 2 hours after he was supposed to be there to meet and talk to people. he is as close to richard petty in the way he treats his fans as you will find in sports today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts