DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if anything do you use for the black metal trim on the pillars between the doors and around the windows. It almost looks as if it is oxidizing and has that rainbow look in a few places. There probably is another thread about this, but I didn't see any about this when I searched. The rest of the car looks good and this drives me nuts.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i use nu-finish,works great on that trim and the wiper cowl.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I use mothers Back to Black, and good ol' elbow grease. Just be careful not to get it on the car body, it won't hurt the finish but it will remove the wax.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nothing has worked in any of the other threads - I doubt nu finish will last long. Back to black didn't last long in my test. I even tried the 3 step paint cleaner-glaze-wax and it didn't last long.

Surprisingly, and obviously, the best thing I have seen is finger grease - you know where everyone grabs the door to close it

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
And thats where everybody grabs it. Especiall right after detailing. I used Mothers back to black and it looks nice. Easy to remove with a miro fiber towel. I hear it dont last long though.
04IntrepidSXT said:
Nothing has worked in any of the other threads - I doubt nu finish will last long. Back to black didn't last long in my test. I even tried the 3 step paint cleaner-glaze-wax and it didn't last long.

Surprisingly, and obviously, the best thing I have seen is finger grease - you know where everyone grabs the door to close it

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I picked up some of that Mothers Back to Black tonight. It does take a little bit of work, but it looks like the oxidation is disappearing, Anything is better than that rainbow look!

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO...sure as hell don't want that ghetto look. Its not that I don't like chrome, but it would take a heck of a lot more than just the pillars or it would look incomplete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts