DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this link seems to be the definitive site for tire sizes, etc. I have seen it recommended by many people. However, the specs it gives are quite a bit different than the specs given by the manufacturers on tirerack's website. Specifically, revs per mile. Example-the revs per mile given on the miata site are 757 for the stock 16" size, and 782 from michelin on tirerack. That is a pretty good difference. Should i go by the manufacturer when figuring out the size? I found some sweet 18's with 225-45 18's, and i think they are only off by 2% which is ok. I just want to figure out for sure.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I used the miata tire calculator before I picked my tires out and found it pretty accurate the same as you recommended it to a lot of people so did I. Your speedo will be out by 2 to 4 mph max. which I think isn't all to bad. The other thing I would recommend is to take your car to a repital tire shop and ask them, like in my case I let them help me make the final decision.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Reactions: BLD 25

·
Registered
686 Posts
HaHa! I plugged in my stock tire size on my minivan. Then plugged in my 20's on my Caddy. A warning screen popped up stating that I should keep within 3% of the diameter of the original tire, any more and I risk brake failure. EEK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts