DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know gorm is coming and he is in iowa, but who else is coming from the midwest? i would probably be driving alone, and do not want to make a 14 hour trip all alone. Shamrock? anyone from chicago? i know theres people in indiana that are probably coming, and i am about 3.5 hours west of indianapolis. I understand that those other people would be in their cars, and i dont mind being alone in my car, i just would not want to drive that far without someone else on the road with me in case of any problems i may have, and just the fact of having some company haha. if anyone is willing to caravan, please let me know

here to PA is a lot different than here to chicago.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I will be heading through chicago. This time though I might have someone with me to talk to. Really sucks doing 14 or so hours with nothing but wind and the radio.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iggy said:
I will be heading through chicago. This time though I might have someone with me to talk to. Really sucks doing 14 or so hours with nothing but wind and the radio.
yeah exactly. i am trying to work out something with crombie for getting into the showfield, but that does me no good for caravans since hes on the east coast. do you ever caravan with anyone else? from the general chat thread, i got that gorm was coming and probably shamrock as well. shamrock lives like an hour and a half from me and gorm lives somewhat close (within a couple hours) to him as far as i know.

i just mapped it out and its saying to take - for the majority of the time at least - I-70, and then I-76 (portions toll), and then I-81. it is saying that i drive on I-76 for 152.8 miles. are there tolls all along there, or every so many miles? i have no clue because i have never lived anywhere that you had to pay to use a public road. i also saw people talking about some easy pass thing for $50, so maybe that is a possibility. damn this might get expensive.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
when will you guys be going through chicago? we should have a mini meet.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I was thinking that also. Although me and 01redms have our differences. Me= White Sox fan. Him= Cardinal fan. One thing in common is we both hate the Cubs. lol

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i would not be driving through chicago, i would like to meet you guys though, for sure. go to carlisle, too! i think iggy drives through there though.
fearless 2000 said:
I was thinking that also. Although me and 01redms have our differences. Me= White Sox fan. Him= Cardinal fan. One thing in common is we both hate the Cubs. lol
nah, theres no differences, just one fan vs. another fan. fans of two teams with rich history. i'd love to sit in a bar with you and watch a cards/white sox game though. me and crombie are friends and he's a mets fan. i hate the mets too. in order it goes cubs, astros and then mets haha.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yea I have to come through chicago since I am coming from Wisconsin. Though Tim since you are coming from St. Louis I think you should be able to take 70 to pittsburgh then a little ways after that is the same toll road to Harrisburg. That won't have any tolls on it till PA. Would be alright if you really want to go out of your way to get to Chicago. For toll prices for me chicago is about $8, Indiana $4.15, Ohio about $8, and PA about $18 to Harrisburg. And that is one way. The tolls are not like chicago. They just make you take a ticket when you enter the highway and pay the price depending on when you exit off the highway. Oh and gas stations and food places are located right on the highway so that is kind of nice.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
01redMS said:
well i would not be driving through chicago, i would like to meet you guys though, for sure. go to carlisle, too! i think iggy drives through there though.

nah, theres no differences, just one fan vs. another fan. fans of two teams with rich history. i'd love to sit in a bar with you and watch a cards/white sox game though. me and crombie are friends and he's a mets fan. i hate the mets too. in order it goes cubs, astros and then mets haha.
Yeah all it is, is two cities with great teams and hardcore fans. Ill continue this in the Baseball thread.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iggy said:
Yea I have to come through chicago since I am coming from Wisconsin. Though Tim since you are coming from St. Louis I think you should be able to take 70 to pittsburgh then a little ways after that is the same toll road to Harrisburg. That won't have any tolls on it till PA. Would be alright if you really want to go out of your way to get to Chicago. For toll prices for me chicago is about $8, Indiana $4.15, Ohio about $8, and PA about $18 to Harrisburg. And that is one way. The tolls are not like chicago. They just make you take a ticket when you enter the highway and pay the price depending on when you exit off the highway. Oh and gas stations and food places are located right on the highway so that is kind of nice.
so what, you take I-80? i have a feeling thats what a lot of people are going to take. maybe i can try to meet people in indiana/ohio.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
01redMS said:
so what, you take I-80? i have a feeling thats what a lot of people are going to take. maybe i can try to meet people in indiana/ohio.
Yea I will be taking that way. My trip schedual hasn't yet been totally planned yet so I can't tell you when or where I will be. There has been talk about doing some other stuff since this will be my vacation but hasn't been decided yet.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
iggy said:
Yea I will be taking that way. My trip schedual hasn't yet been totally planned yet so I can't tell you when or where I will be. There has been talk about doing some other stuff since this will be my vacation but hasn't been decided yet.
I imagine we will run into each other again on the Interstate. :D

--Gorm

·
Registered
286 Posts
I will have to see if I will be going or not. I'm in the process of buying a house and just may not have the funds to hang out. But I'm sure I might be able to squeeze it in. If I get it bought I will send you guys some pictures. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I might be going and i'm from clinton, missouri, so i'd love to meet up with you all and caravan up there if that'd be alright? I'm going to try and pench some pennys and come up with the money to get there... lemme know!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Dudley said:
If anyone uses I-80 thru Ohio I am at EXIT 1A (Toledo) 150 miles to I-76 then 250 from there. I wouldn't mind caravaning. :)
Dudley, perhaps early Thursday morning, you could join myself and Gigamight to caravan across PA on 80 to the junk yards. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Gorm said:
Dudley, perhaps early Thursday morning, you could join myself and Gigamight to caravan across PA on 80 to the junk yards. :)

--Gorm
Sounds good to me. I can meet where/when ever you like. I likey the yards..... :D Plus it would be nice to cruiz with you all!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Dudley said:
Sounds good to me. I can meet where/when ever you like. I likey the yards..... :D Plus it would be nice to cruiz with you all!
Gotcha, I'll be in contact with both you as the time nears. :)

--Gorm

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I will be more than likely heading out of Cincinnati Wednesday sometime in the early morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts