DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was looking at buying a 2000 RT but i was just wondering how many KM's do you guys get per tank. Also what fuel does it take?

My car now gets crappy mileage and takes premium fuel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Well, mine's a 2000 es with a 2.7.
I get anywhere between 24-25 (winter) on the low end to 32-34 (highway) on the high end.
As far as I know, All LH's are calibrated to run on reg unleaded (maybe the 300 m specials are different?).

Around 600 km's per tank full for combined driving.

But that's from completely full to "holy-crap-I-better-get-gas-right-now!!!" level.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
When I had my 2000 3.2 Liter ES (which is the basically the same engine as the R/T, just slightly smaller in displacement), on strict highways I would get around 28 mpg. I've gone up as high as 34 mpg, but that's with a good wind at my back the whole drive. When living in a populated metro area, I was averaging about 21-22 mpg, which I think was slightly higher than what R/T owners were getting in similar driving conditions.

Ohh, and I used the cheap stuff for fuel (read: 87 octane though I believe 89 is recommended, just that the car can compensate for 87 without problems).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Dodgeme said:
Hi everyone,

I was looking at buying a 2000 RT but i was just wondering how many KM's do you guys get per tank. Also what fuel does it take?

My car now gets crappy mileage and takes premium fuel.

Thanks.
Assuming you have the 3.5 H.O. engine mid grade 89 octane is the recommended fuel, regular 87 is acceptable, premium 93 is a no no. I don't figure gas mileage as miles per tank because it makes no sense. How ever I do get about 23 miles per gallon to and from work. About a 15 mile drive kind of a city/highway mix.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
With fairly equal amounts of city & higway I average about 20-22 mpg in my 2000 R/T on 87 octane. Not sure how that figures out in metric though.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
450km/tank......though I can never fill more than about $50 on that (since obviously my needle points to empty too early)

12L/100km

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Also keep in mind that with any voluntary information, usually only people with good results will post what they have whereas the people with bad results will tend not to post. So take our averages and subtract a few mpg's to get your real results, though Avenger's numbers seems to be true and accurate to me as far as what they typical R/T would be getting provided you live in a populated area.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I agree that Avenger's figures sound about right. When I'm in school My EVIC shows between 22-24MPG average, and when I check it myself using the odometer and how much fuel I've used thats dead on. I've been driving on mostly back roads recently and tonight I was driving very aggressively so thse numbers are a little low but this is what my EVIC reads right now:

And for you Canadians:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Avenger said:
450km/tank......though I can never fill more than about $50 on that (since obviously my needle points to empty too early)

12L/100km
Judas Priest ! 12 L/100 KM ?? 450 km per tank ?? Have you got oversized tires on the car that makes the odometer read low ?

My 2.7 will get a best of 7.5L/100 km (which it did last week and again today). Thats equal to 31.5 mpg (US). Typical average on mine is around 8.5 L/100 km in summer, and worst is about 9.5 in the winter.

On these all day steady drives to Port Elgin and back, the odometer will go to about 670km before the low fuel light comes on.

Mind you, the 2.7 in an SE is programmed pretty conservative.

Phil

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
31 MPG DAMN!! Being that my car is rated at 18 city/26 hwy, I'm very happy with my average fuel economy. When doing mostly highway I average 22-24 and with mostly city I'm aroung 16-18. During the school year with a pretty even split of city & highway I consistently average 20-22 so I think I'm doing pretty well.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
va3ux said:
Judas Priest ! 12 L/100 KM ?? 450 km per tank ?? Have you got oversized tires on the car that makes the odometer read low ?
Odometer is 100% fine.......I NEVER get better than 450km/tank......course when mine shows 0km to empty, I still have gas in there. Average fuel economy normally sits between 12L/100km and 13L/100km. It's not great......but better than an SUV.

Around 18-20MPG for you strange imperial folk.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
Best I've ever seen out of my R/T is 26mpg on the highway at 75mph with a very strong tailwind. I usually see [email protected] and 17-19mpg in town. My 2.7 SE on the other hand would consistantly get [email protected] on the highway and around 18mpg in town because I'd have to always floor it to try and keep up with the rest of the rednecks around here when they left a stoplight.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Let me clarify that I have an SE with the 2.7. I assume all these other mileage numbers are for 3.5's ?

I'll also qualify my excellent mileage by saying that I drive pretty conservatively, on purpose. I want to the engine to last so I intentionally don't drive it hard or fast. Plus, I'm probably older than all you guys and I am no longer entertained by driving at 75 mph anymore. Well, maybe once in a while I am, but it's pretty rare. 60 to 65 mph (100 to 110 km/hr) is about it for me. And in my work, I have lots of opportunity to drive for 2 - 3 hours straight at those speeds.

My 79 year old dad has an ES with a 3.5. He usually hits around 600 km before the low fuel light comes on. But he drives even more conservatively than I do.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Right now I'm at about 9.4L/100kms, usually closer to 10, that's around 580kms/tank. I always run 87gas. I drive her pretty hard, 150kms a day to work and back, about 65/35 Hwy/cty. Oil change pretty much monthly. At 248,xxx kms she still hauls ass and looks great.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
CDN R/T said:
At 248,xxx kms she still hauls ass and looks great.
Considering that I KNOW I took delivery of my '02 R/T before you did......that's very high mileage dude. I'm sitting at 89,000km's right now.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Avenger said:
Considering that I KNOW I took delivery of my '02 R/T before you did......that's very high mileage dude. I'm sitting at 89,000km's right now.
yeeesh... nearly triple yours.

It was our DCX sales exec's car. Regular trips from Brampton to Auburn Hills, 99.5% hwy mileage.

I picked it up Sept.7 '05 but it was originally registered Feb13/02. She was built Thursday February 7th, 2002 9:00-10:00pm (2nd shift). It was the 302nd LH built that day.

·
Registered
684 Posts
2001 3.2 ES

I get roughly 19.5mpg and about 290 miles per tank with all city driving. It used to be about 22mpg city but about a year ago it dropped to 19.5 for some reason and has stayed there.

Highway is much much better.....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
And for you Canadians:
That's exactly what I get too. I have a J-intake & 300M Special exhaust (without the front resonator) I do 65% city and 35% Highway and I use the autostick alot ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Anyone know why Gas Mileages drop on these cars after a while?, Can Bad Worn Struts Spit out sucky ass gas mileage as well?.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts