DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 98 Intrepid ES mounth ago with 54.000 miles on it. How to check it? I have to buy new rotors (front)!!! They were under spec. (too thin to fix it). What do you think?:mg: :mg:

·
Registered
844 Posts
if the guy who had it before you had an agressive driving style I'd say it's normal... those cars are heavy and demands lots of braking power.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
petersho1 said:
This car was in lease first 3 years.
That should answer your question for ya. :)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
mine was the first 2. :D

the car should be fine...if it sounds and feels like it runs good go ahead and get it.but its something that you must want. just remember...it's an intrepid, they do ocassionally get quirks now and then.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
nightravin13 said:
it's an intrepid, they do ocassionally get quirks now and then.
Every make and model has it's little quirks. Some more than others. My old Cavalier had it's fair share of problems too.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
nightravin13 said:
i have an agressive driving style and go through a new set pads every 20-30k. :D
Holy jeebus! Need to take your time to slow down there. Since you know that your car was leased, you can be pretty sure it was beat on, most leased cars are.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Damn Night, you sure go thru you pads quick. I have 114,000 miles on mine and have only changed them once. When I gave my brother's Chrome Rims back to him a few months ago, I inspected my brake pads and they look near new. Still thick as a mofo. But then again, I do mostly highway driving and use my autostick to slow down a lot. Which probably means I will need a new tranny soon. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
damn smc1377, I though I had a few miles on my 2000 @ 90,800...maybe the trip to WI/Chicago will get me up there :)
last time my car was inspected, they said I had a LONG way to go on my pads, mine was apparently a rental (according to carfax)the year before I bought it at 42K

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
DCREPID'00 said:
damn smc1377, I though I had a few miles on my 2000 @ 90,800...maybe the trip to WI/Chicago will get me up there :)
You might catch up and beat me soon. I have since moved and have been putting very little miles on it as of late. No more weekly 500+ mile weekend excursions. I think in the past 5 months, I've slowed down to about 4,000 miles, and I believe that's under the national norm. WOW!

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
petersho1 said:
I was talking about rotors.
I dig, but as you'll learn, threads tend to stray off the original subject, that's why you have to read every one. Just cause a thread is about tires doesn't mean that there isn't any valuable information about suspensions or other things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts