DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LeftlaneNews.com:

When Robert Swan’s wife decided to let DaimlerChrysler know that her husband had just driven his millionth mile in his 1995 Dodge Ram 3500 truck, it caught the attention of Chrysler Group President and CEO Tom LaSorda. On Thursday, LaSorda made his first trip since becoming CEO in September to the Chrysler Group customer call center in Auburn Hills, Mich., not too far from our world headquarters, reports DCX’s corporate weblog. “Anytime the CEO comes, it’s a big event,” said Maggie Gentry, a customer service representative at the center for more than 20 years. With Maggie’s assistance LaSorda decided to ring up Mr. Swan and speak personally with this very satisfied customer. “He was very nice,” Swan told us in a telephone interview from his Arlington, Va. home. “I told him I like Chrysler products. It was a kick that he would talk to somebody from the street.”

Maggie Gentry said LaSorda jokingly advised Swan that maybe it’s time to buy a new vehicle.

He also inscribed the book “Forward: The American Heritage of DaimlerChrysler” with the words, “Please enjoy this great book on the history of our company. Tom LaSorda, CEO.”

Swan uses the diesel-powered truck in his work transporting recreational vehicles from the factory to the dealer. He tells us the “rear end was never touched and the rear brakes have never been changed.” Swan says he’s only had to replace the pads on the front brakes “three or four times.”

That was great news to LaSorda.

“He told me, if I don’t perform, I’m out the window,” Swan said LaSorda told him.

“He was very friendly.”

·
Registered
129 Posts
LaSorda should have coughed up a new vehicle for the guy. What a wasted opportunity to capitalize on a golden PR moment. I bet you if it was a Toyota, a new car would have offered!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Intrepid1440 said:
LaSorda should have coughed up a new vehicle for the guy. What a wasted opportunity to capitalize on a golden PR moment. I bet you if it was a Toyota, a new car would have offered!
Nah they wouldn't be making any money like that since they're trucks last reeeeeally long too, so they'd be forced to give out trucks to whole bunch of ppl. :grinno:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well, the Cummins sure does, but most of the rest of the truck usually doesn't. Pretty impressive, you'd think that something would have worn out on it by now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Intrepid1440 said:
I agree...he should have got a new whip outta the deal!! I guess Volkswagon has better customer service...at least that guy got a new Volks outta the deal in the middle of times square!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have 272,000 on my Intrepid on original motor and trans (most work ever = $1000 tires and brakes 4 wheels), maybe she'll get there.

Still pulls perfect compression. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
95PGTTech said:
I have 272,000 on my Intrepid on original motor and trans (most work ever = $1000 tires and brakes 4 wheels), maybe she'll get there.
Not a chance. :p

·
Registered
450 Posts
As much as I love Intrepids (which is a lot), they'll never make it to a million.

·
Registered
467 Posts
very few gas motors do. even on rebuilds.

·
Registered
467 Posts
sounds like he's using the trailer to brake. :hmm:

·
Registered
384 Posts
BadBob said:
Some of them anyway. There's always the Olds 350 diesel...

i have an 84 caprice with one of them olds 350's. she has 127,000 miles and i blew the transmission. motor is still strong as an ox. well, more like 150 horses, but you get the point. those motors never were much, but if you take care of em' they last a long time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
8845int said:
i have an 84 caprice with one of them olds 350's. she has 127,000 miles and i blew the transmission. motor is still strong as an ox. well, more like 150 horses, but you get the point. those motors never were much, but if you take care of em' they last a long time.
Very good care, but yeah. I think they figured most of the problems out by then. They didn't survive in the trucks at all though, chevy even included a placard warning you not to tow anything if you bought one in a pickup.

·
Registered
384 Posts
BadBob said:
Very good care, but yeah. I think they figured most of the problems out by then. They didn't survive in the trucks at all though, chevy even included a placard warning you not to tow anything if you bought one in a pickup.

not realy, the motors in 84 were just converted gas v8s, i think it was like 85 or 86 when they made it a diesel from the start. something like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts