DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this isn't about me driving my trep but I know you guys will get a kick outa this, I sure did :biggrin:

Back when I was in college I drove a 91 s10 with the 4.3 engine (which is a sweet engine by the way). Well one day I was on my way to class and it just recently stopped raining. I was goin through a small town when I came to a stop light and a Camaro pulled up beside me. Can't remember the yr but anyways. He revs his engine and so do I, the universal sign of "I wanna race you'. But I wasn't cause I'm not stupid, it just stopped raining and the roads are slick.

When the light turned green I took off normally and I can hear his tires spinning like crazy. A few seconds later I see him fish tail right in front of me right into on coming traffic and fish tail back. I slowed down so not to get hit. I thought he was about to regain control when the rear slid right out and he hit a curb and rolled right onto a pole where the car stayed on its side.

I see him gettin out and he flipped me off as if it was my fault he wrecked so I kindly stuck my hand out the rear split window and waved at him and went on my merry way.

The moral of this story, don't drag race on wet pavement.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Back when I was in high school, I was on my way home from a friend's house in my mom's 84 Hyundai Excel hatchback. Dark, two-lane paved back road with a 90 degree right turn at the end...I am doing about 45mph, it had been raining, and some dumbass in a Buick flies by me in the left lane...can't stop in time for the turn and ends up in the ditch...

When I got my second car in high school, the rear brakes did not work. I had to panic stop on a wet two-lane road, and hydroplaned INTO oncoming traffic..fortunately, it stopped, and I came to rest against the opposite curb, no damage done to anyone.

Rain sucks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts