DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some updated pictures of my car. Some pictures you have probably already seen but now there are some of the insides of my dash with the blue LEDs. Also the insides of my tail-lights and of my not-so-pretty intake. It looks better now than it does in the picture, but it's pretty close to the same. One of these days I will explain some of the pictures and possibly make some how-to's for the blue LEDs and the LED tail-lights, but for now I'm really busy with work and recording... a friend and I are almost done with our album so once that's done, I might have some time to work on the how-to's. :) Here's the link:
http://bartdurbin.tripodsucks.com/images/

OK this one seems to work: http://aol8mydog.freeservers.com/

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: Bart ]

·
Registered
261 Posts
i cant see it either, damn tripod.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even have the page up for 24 hours and they already terminated it because it's "abusive" for some reason. I'm not using it as storage for another website... people still have to go onto my site to view the pictures. :mad:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I found all the pics, just go to when he first posted pics of his ride.. and all the added pics are in the index. ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow I didn't think that worked because when I uploaded those pics it said transfer error because that's only a 5 meg website where tripod was 50 megs. Oh well, I'm not complaining :) Thanx blkbute
http://aol8mydog.freeservers.com/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Bart, the blue LEDs look great! I would love to do that. The blue is so much easier on the eyes. Did you have to rip out the whole dash to do the guage cluster?
One question: What the heck is the heatsink and cooling fan in tail lights for?

Brian
'99 Inferno Red 2.7L
L-Intake

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
grr i hate dial up, its so slow....looks great, i love the blue. i was gonna do that but the local auto parts place told me that there is some kind of plastic piece that holds the bulb or something like that and that i could only get them thru a dealer so i said the hell with it :(. i hope you sec gen owners dont mind a little 3.3L first gen owner posting in your section :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brianw99, the heat sinks are for the brake light LEDs. They are brighter than normal LEDs because they take more current, which heats them up, so I wanted to make sure they don't burn out. They use the same LEDs on the cadillac deville but they use heat sensing circuits that regulate the current to help keep the LEDs cool... I'm not quite that smart :) I'm just using a simple voltage regulator and CPU fans. About ripping out the whole dash... didn't have to rip out the whole thing, but a few pieces. Not as much work as it might seem though. Start with the shifter panel (just pops out), then a couple screws for the stero/hvac panel, fuse kick panel, a couple screws for the knee panel under the steering wheel, then the plastic surrounding of the guage cluster (again, just pops out), then a couple screws and the whole guage assembly pops out. Be patient and don't be afraid to pull hard on the guage cluster. It's held in place only by two fixed harnesses on the back. It just pulls out. The actual guage faces also just pull out... whether or not you have the whole assembly out or not. Hope this helps, I was afraid I might break something at first, but after the first time it's a piece of cake.

pimped3point3, I didn't use the black bases for the bulbs... even though I did make a prototype with an LED and a resistor as a direct replacement. I haven't had time to finish them. One of these days I'll make the rest of them. I'll try and include the blue LED conversion in the how-to's when I get those taken care of (don't know when though)

Intrepidatious... The front of my car isn't too pretty up close. It's not bad, but I'm not that proud of it. When a rock kicked up and broke one of the fog lights I had on there before, I replaced them and I wanted to try some bigger fog lights and thought it wouldn't have been too hard to cut just enough of the middle horizontal piece to fit the the fog lights and make it look flush. Well that backfired because of the metal piece behind that middle horizontal plastic "bar". So I cut the hole horizontal piece out (except where the liscense plate is) so now the fog lights are attatched to that metal piece and I doctored up the places that I cut. I hate bondo... it's not fun. I'll either find some galvanized screen to put up around the fog lights (a friend did something similar and it looks quite nice) or I might get an ES front fascia that comes with fog lights :)

OK, 20 pages later, I'm done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts