DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The model came with a four banger so I cut that out of there and built a factory straight six then added weber carbs and twin turbos, that unfortunately cant be seen :(

If you really want to use the auto paint on the plastic bits the trick is to build up lots of very thin layers. Just mist the paint on each time, do NOT go for full coverage. It will take half dozen or so rounds but eventually youll get a nice even coat and no melted plastic. To solve the thickness issue you really need to use an airbrush instead of the rattle can, but thats getting into some expensive equipment.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yeah, Thats the one. He'll get a kick out of it either way.
Here ya go, Tim. Just listed.

Good price, too. Brand new, in box - box has some pencil marks on it though. Van appears to be in great shape. If it is anything like the Intrepids, it will be fantastic. I've never seen good interior pics, but I've read that they are just as detailed as the Intrepids. The wheels look a little too plastic-y, but not overly bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brookfield-Collectors-Guild-Plymouth-Voyager-MiniVan-Green-with-Gold-Die-Cast-/200854701660?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item2ec3df865c

I'm not going to bid on it, no desire to have it, so I won't be bidding against you at all.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hey CDMCCUL, how do you keep the hood up (I am currently using an old paperclip that I cut down to size to hold the hood up), and repair one that has a siezed passenger wiper (and it broke off too :pissed:) and a Passengers side mirror (came broken, in trunk w/ passengers wiper/arm) Who knew that the trunk would be so useful on a model? For anyone that wonders, the Concorde has no damage.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts