DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a package from DC yesterday that contained two "Mini-Storage Bins". This is a safety recall package that are supposed to enhance vehicle's head impact protection. The bins attach with clips on the top of the center roof support trim panel. This is for my '01 Intrepid R/T.

Anyone else get these? Are they on the newer Intrepids? I can't imagine these bins offering much protectioin.

Al Wilson
'01 Intrepid R/T

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Got mine this Sat. Real cheap looking, my sun glasses almost fit inside. Very easy to clip on. I`m with you just looks like no extra safety protection to me. Mines a 2000 R/T.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've not yet received anything from DC in the way of storage bin / safety equipment. Sounds kind of... well... like a joke. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I put mine in today. You'd have to be thrown around pretty good for that guard to help protect your noggin, it's pretty high up there. Who is going to put their sunglasses in that retarded location?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think this popped up somewhere else also. Is this what y'all got? I wonder if my car if affected because I haven't gotten anything. storage bins

·
Read Only
118 Posts
The mailman just dropped off my Mini-Storage Bins. I think these are a joke. I think it is more likely that after a side impact the screwdriver (or other sharp implement) that is inevitably left in one of these will be thrown across the car an be embedded in someone's head. Convenient storage location? Hell, I hate reaching over my shoulder just to grab my seat belt. How is storage in these supposed to be convenient? Maybe for someone in the backseat.... Hmmmm.... Why don't they just call them what they are? Condom Storage Bins? :)

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: JigSawMan ]

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: JigSawMan ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepid99:
I don't like the way they look from Chrysler00's picture. I wouldn't put them in...
I agree...they look kinda tacky :rolleyes:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah..but now wouldn't it be a legal issue if you get injured in an accident and try to sue Chrysler for it. Then they jack you because you didn't put these darned things in.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Carry them in your car and if you get into an accident just say they broke off ;)

·
980 Posts
may be you should fill them with that expanding foam insulation then it will be more of a cushion.Wonder what briliant engineer came up with this device, have not got mine yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
that dumb engineer prolly made enough money off this design to live in some tropical island for the rest of his life. bastards...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by Don:
I haven't gotten any yet either! Maybe because I do actually live on a small tropical island and they can't track me down. :)
Quickly!! Get HIM!!!

I figured out the greatest use for these things. Go out, buy a matchbox Dodge Intrepid and store it in there. Muhahaha

·
Registered
109 Posts
I received my stupid storage bins the other day and I don't have a sunroof.
Those things will never see the light of day in my car. They are ugly and don't even match my interior.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
Quickly!! Get HIM!!!

I figured out the greatest use for these things. Go out, buy a matchbox Dodge Intrepid and store it in there. Muhahaha
Where can you find those matchbox Dodge Intrepids? The only ones I've found are the NASCAR ones. I'd really like to find a plain black Intrepid for my son.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts