DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a package from DC yesterday that contained two "Mini-Storage Bins". This is a safety recall package that are supposed to enhance vehicle's head impact protection. The bins attach with clips on the top of the center roof support trim panel. This is for my '01 Intrepid R/T.

Anyone else get these? Are they on the newer Intrepids? I can't imagine these bins offering much protectioin.

Al Wilson
'01 Intrepid R/T

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Got mine this Sat. Real cheap looking, my sun glasses almost fit inside. Very easy to clip on. I`m with you just looks like no extra safety protection to me. Mines a 2000 R/T.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I've not yet received anything from DC in the way of storage bin / safety equipment. Sounds kind of... well... like a joke. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I put mine in today. You'd have to be thrown around pretty good for that guard to help protect your noggin, it's pretty high up there. Who is going to put their sunglasses in that retarded location?

·
Read Only
121 Posts
The mailman just dropped off my Mini-Storage Bins. I think these are a joke. I think it is more likely that after a side impact the screwdriver (or other sharp implement) that is inevitably left in one of these will be thrown across the car an be embedded in someone's head. Convenient storage location? Hell, I hate reaching over my shoulder just to grab my seat belt. How is storage in these supposed to be convenient? Maybe for someone in the backseat.... Hmmmm.... Why don't they just call them what they are? Condom Storage Bins? :)

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: JigSawMan ]

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: JigSawMan ]

·
Registered
134 Posts
I received my stupid storage bins the other day and I don't have a sunroof.
Those things will never see the light of day in my car. They are ugly and don't even match my interior.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
Quickly!! Get HIM!!!

I figured out the greatest use for these things. Go out, buy a matchbox Dodge Intrepid and store it in there. Muhahaha
Where can you find those matchbox Dodge Intrepids? The only ones I've found are the NASCAR ones. I'd really like to find a plain black Intrepid for my son.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.