DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back a short time ago from a little swap meet, also known as the "Gutting of Franks R/T) lol.
Met up eith Frank (ltrain01rt) and Toni (bugoy99) at a local pizza joint. I stole his RB1 and 6 disc changer for the wifes car, and Toni grabbed his shifter. We had pizza and beer and discussed how big Toni's friggin watch is (inside joke).
All kidding aside, more proof that members here are the creme of the crop. Frank, much success in your career, and it was a real pleasure doing business with, and meeting you. Good luck with the Mercedes! Toni, hope to see you in July in the steaming jungles of the park.

Here's some quick pix of our rides.

Sorry there are not more, or better pix, but it was a little late in the day.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had a great time, is was awesome meeting both of you... such nice cars - sorry mine was so dirty. That bra looks like crap right now too!

Thanks for the pizza and beer Chet... I'll try and get over for the meet in July if it happens.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Frank Hope you can make it. I had to go back and get my phone. Left it on the table. Sheesh, amateur drinker, lol. Hope to see you in July too.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
hmmmmmm.... eatin pizza, drinkin beer and woikin on cars. Yall must be southerners. j/k
pics look good and that looks more like a park than a pizzaria. LOL

Nice looking cars for sure!!!!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back on April 24 Toni and another guy, Graham, met at a local park. We decided to make it a quarterly meet at that point. It was only the three of us, because a couple of people from the 300m club couldn't make it.

Anybody is invited, Keith! I was actually going to put up notice, like I did in April. It's no biggie deal since it's just a meet at a park, and doesn't involve a car show or any kind of event, but for anyone coming to Florida for a vacation or visiting people, there is a lot of nearby stuff they could do in addition to this little meet. We've got the beaches, and the attractions for starters. Busch gardens is very close.

I'll post more info once we firm up a date, but I would suspect it would be the last weekend in July, and be either the Saturday or Sunday, as a one day thing. The only concern is that damned heat. All day outside in July can be a bear here. It may wait until next quarter when it cools down some. I'll put up some more info in the next few days.

I would be at this location
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=28.00755,-82.680981&spn=0.00879,0.021801&t=h&z=16&om=1

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dudley said:
hmmmmmm.... eatin pizza, drinkin beer and woikin on cars. Yall must be southerners. j/k
pics look good and that looks more like a park than a pizzaria. LOL

Nice looking cars for sure!!!!
Damn Yankee!
Yep, that's the nice thing about living in a tropical paradise. Everywhere looks like a park! Just watch out at dusk and dawn. The "skeeters" are the size of condors.:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Damn Yankee!
Yep, that's the nice thing about living in a tropical paradise. Everywhere looks like a park! Just watch out at dusk and dawn. The "skeeters" are the size of condors.:biggrin:
True True

Yeah when you get a chance let me know the dates and if I am able I would love to come down for the day and hang out.

**Edit**

Damn that is further away than I thought I might not be able to make that trip if it is too soon after Carlisle.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's a 500 mile ride each way, K. That's why I said if anyone was already planning on being here for vacation or whatever. That's a lotta gas and time for a one day deal, I'll admit.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem, Toni. Maybe the July meet should be near a place with beer, and food too. We could save the park for a cooler time of year, and just pig out!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chet and Frank, the tentative date for the July Mini-Meet will be on July 29 (sunday) @ 10AM. If anyone is interested from nearby cities you're welcome to join us. The venue this month will be at Clearwater Beach then after that maybe a late lunch at Frenchy's or it depends on the majority.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I didn't see the other post Toni. Sounds like a good location to me, and the day and time is fine too. Mmmm, Frenchys...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts