DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in here have it or know anyone who has it? im thinkin about getting it but dont want to have to get it taken off after i get it....will they bother u for it if ur not speeding or anything else...can they pull u over just for tint...if u or anybody u know has it...tell me ur experiences...how long uve had it...if uve been pulled over for it etc...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
SteelTrepid said:
I don't think very many cops will notice if your mirrors are tinted. Never had any problems with my windows being tinted though.
heh, he's not talking about tinting his mirrors. He's talking about 'mirror tint'. Makes your windows look like mirrors from the outside, but you can see fine out of them from the inside. The stuff is illegal in most states I think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just trying to be funny, unfortuatley for me I'm usually the only one laughing!!

Like you said pimp, depends on the state. I've seen a lot of people with it but I'm really not sure if its legal here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't know if mirror tint is legal on any car....and on a bright day, who the hell would wanna be in the car behind you?:D

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have mirror tint on my car and never got hassled. Its only mirrorred in the right light thou. And its not reflective so it doesn't blind other people.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Mirror tint is generally legal if it is no lower than 35%. Check your local state statutes for a better answer. I know here and Nebraska and surrounding areas that is what the limit is. The biggest problem with dark tint is it is a safety hazard for officers if they can't see in the vehicle.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
i personally want to bust out the glass on every car i see with that mirror crap.. not only is it annoying.. but illegal..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks better then regular tint...what the hell is smoke tint? and do u have a pic of ur mirror that only reflects in certain light? do u know what the film is called...and it wouldnt affect the ppl behind you...you dont get ur back windows mirrored, and if youd like to bust out the glass...why reply? id like to bust ur head for saying such an idiotic thing...

·
Registered
530 Posts
in my opinion.. Mirror Tint only looks good on the 'right' car. I see so many cars with mirror tint and it just looks like ****. But anyway, I was told from a window tinting professional that mirror tint is garbage.. Who knows if its true. I don't like the looks of it myself.

homeslice over and out.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I think the mirror tint looks hideous, I always love the dark black smoked look more than the mirror tint. I think dark looks a lot classier and tasteful too. And whatever you do don't mix and match and have 2 windows with mirror and then 2 with smoke and 1 with dark. Believe it or not I've seen this and at best it is hideous.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
mirror tint does not work that weel with intrepids at all. It would only work on a small number of cars. Dont waste you're money, go dark black smoke. As dark and as many windows as you dare.

PS. cops will pull you over for whatever they want. If theyre in the mood, any tint, and type, on any window will equal a ticket.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hell, if you're gonna go with the mirrow tint, you might as well break out the curb feelers, bitchin' yellow paint job and some Cragar mags:p

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what is the difference between smoke and regular...also...i personally like mirror or else i woulsnt be thinking about it, lol the thing im worried about most is getting pulled over for it...am i just as likely to get pulled over for mirror as dark smoke or black?...the mirror i want is only part mirror...then it fades up to dark...also...i think it would look cool on my trep my trep is silverish/grayish 94 ES....just my opinion...u guys seem to hate it lol...does anyone have pics of their tint...dark...mirror...whatever

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Smoke looks kinda greyish and not really dark. Black tint is just that also refered to as dark tint, look at a mini-van or SUV with tinted windows that is the dark or black tint. It's really up to you, I've seen that faded tint and it looks kinda ricey to me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Does anyone know where to find the legality of mirror tint in your state? I've been looking on Google with no results. I've looked at all the tint law sites, but I can't find mention of mirror tint. Also, does anyone have interior pics of their tint. I haven't had tint before and I want to be able to see out as well as possible, but tinted. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts