DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a douche! So last year when I was looking for an Intrepid, I came across this car on craigslist. http://www.lacarsrepo.com/vehicle-details/33d2519677b49d419ae41ef3f185d833/ So I went in and spoke to the salesman. Really nice guy. Even seemed willing to work on a deal that would work for the both of us. So I saved up money for about a month and once I saved enough I gave him a call. He said he sold it. Now almost a year later I got a call from him and the car is back for sale on his used car lot lol. Maybe something wrong with it?? I wanted it but I guess it wasn't meant to be!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Just judging by their website, I would speculate the car was repo'ed from whoever bought it....or leased, and returned....and is once again for sale. Nice looking Motorsports. Not a bad price depending. You should jump on it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be right.. Didn't think about that. But it bugged me how he promised that he would hold the car for me while I saved enough cash (one month) then he sold it. Now he wants me to buy it. He called me yesterday lol. I'm tempted!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
You might be right.. Didn't think about that. But it bugged me how he promised that he would hold the car for me while I saved enough cash (one month) then he sold it. Now he wants me to buy it. He called me yesterday lol. I'm tempted!
Good salesman if he saved your info that long. Must have known it might come back. Either that or he was looking to find you an exact match to it.

No good car salesman would hold a car for anyone, unless there was a cash deposit and a contract. No matter what they tell you. They would be stupid to do so, someone could come down with cash the next day, and drive it home; they would sell it in an instant, and they know it. In car sales, its all about getting you to buy today, not next week, or next month.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good salesman if he saved your info that long. Must have known it might come back. Either that or he was looking to find you an exact match to it.

No good car salesman would hold a car for anyone, unless there was a cash deposit and a contract. No matter what they tell you. They would be stupid to do so, someone could come down with cash the next day, and drive it home; they would sell it in an instant, and they know it. In car sales, its all about getting you to buy today, not next week, or next month.
I totally get it.. In a business sense, it's not a good idea to hold a car for someone UNLESS they give a deposit. But he was so sincere (or he fooled me to think he was) when he said he'd hold the car for me. I believed him. Then I called and he said he sold it. Lol. He doesn't HAVE to hold the car for anyone but he doesn't have to make false promises either. Lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Keep your eye on them

It looks like it might be a good deal, but you have to watch them. What do they mean when they say "flex fuel"? These cars are not "flex fuel" by modern standards.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
That's how i got my intrepid, it was traded back 2 years after i first looked at it, only 20k more miles and

$4000 less.

I traded in the car that was traded in on the intrepid 2 years earlier.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
I totally get it.. In a business sense, it's not a good idea to hold a car for someone UNLESS they give a deposit. But he was so sincere (or he fooled me to think he was) when he said he'd hold the car for me. I believed him. Then I called and he said he sold it. Lol. He doesn't HAVE to hold the car for anyone but he doesn't have to make false promises either. Lol.
Yep, and by telling you that he just ruined his credibility. LOL.

It is a nice ride, I would jump on it, maybe try to use a different salesman.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You could use that as a negotiation point to get the price down even further if it comes to that. Say hey I was going to buy it last time, but not that the value has gone down so much yada yada.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hate to be the one to ask. Whats the difference between a Motorsports Edition, and a regular Intrepid Es?
I'm no expert but the differences that I can remember are.. Motorsports come in either Silver (rare), Red, or Black. They also have a Motorsports Decal on each front door. And they have the R/T wheels but painted black with a silver rim and an R/T / SXT spoiler. This particular car is a little different.. It has a 3.2 and Autostick so it's an ES but it has manual AC controls. I wish I could buy it but I can't right now. Oh and Motorsports Editions were made to celebrate Dodge's return back to NASCAR.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
An interesting car for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a Motorsports edition on the roads here. It would be a lot of fun to project my Intrepid to look like that. Even if it wouldn't be authentic.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An interesting car for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a Motorsports edition on the roads here. It would be a lot of fun to project my Intrepid to look like that. Even if it wouldn't be authentic.
I'm thinking about doing just that when this engine craps out. It ony has about 99k miles so that'll be some time from now but those are my plans to at least PAINT IT the red Motorsports color and maybe 3.5 it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts