DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got our 'corde from my folks. They have never been into 'fancy' options, such as leather seats, sunroofs, etc. so they ordered/picked the car that had power windows and A/C and thats about it (aside from 16" premium wheels). Anyhoo, just to the right of the steering column, there is a 'popout' on the dash that was intended for some option -- what option would have been here?

The only extras my folks got were a luggage net in the trunk and instead of a donut spare, my dad insisted on a fullsize tire on a full-size spare wheel-- its still sporting the original goodyear rubber.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Just to the right of the steering column, there is a 'popout' on the dash that was intended for some option -- what option would have been here?
Traction Control Switch

Only picture I could find. My old ES stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Thanks. Although my corde does not have Traction control, it does have ABS. Was ABS standard for these cars?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
ABS was standard on the upper models, and an Option on the lower ones.
ABS was an option on both ES and standard models.

There are also cars out there with crank windows, and manual locks. They did make some really plain jane cars during the first few years.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I tried to use a traction control switch to trigger a relay to light my fogs, but it wouldn't work any ideas why?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I tried to use a traction control switch to trigger a relay to light my fogs, but it wouldn't work any ideas why?
did you test the switch out of the car to see if it worked like a normal fog light switch would - or if it worked period?
Also you're 100% sure you've got it connected to the correct relay pin?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
After looking ot it it appears to be a micro switch ..so i'll just use a reg switch!

Wanted to keep a stock look!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I was thinking, it seems to be similar to a PC switch, hit it, completes the circuit for a second and then doesnt and it is set in the computer as on till you hit it again... and vice versa... Get one of the nice toggle switchs at walmart that has a green or red LED at the tip of it, lets you put 35amps through it at 24v, so it will easily hold any foglights IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts