DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was redoing the rear breaks today and was intending to go purchase those Po-Po sway-bars tomorrow to upgrade mine from the generic SE's.

While the tires were removed, I could NOT see the sway-bar at all, even after comparing to the factory service manuals diagrams.

It cannot be that obstructed from view is it, or am I missing something like SE's not coming with rear sways?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lmfao.... Man the mystery crew couldn't have solved that one that quicker...

So, while looking at the diagram, I kinda get the impression there is a sway-link going to the struts, so we're talking an entire assembly, or just the link and goodies that attach it to the suspension cross member?

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
That's the second person (that I can remember) talking about the SE's not having the rear swaybar. Who would of Thunk?

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Lmfao.... Man the mystery crew couldn't have solved that one that quicker...

So, while looking at the diagram, I kinda get the impression there is a sway-link going to the struts, so we're talking an entire assembly, or just the link and goodies that attach it to the suspension cross member?
I imagine there will be a place to attach the links, but you need those too.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Rear sway bar is held in place in 4 places. 2 endlinks on the rear struts and two brackets that bolt into the floorpan. You should buy new endlinks and they feed up through an eyelet on the inner side of the strut. The two brackets are going to be more of a pain. The two long bolts that thread into the rear crossmember shouldnt give you any issue at all, its the two smaller bolts that thread up through the body and into body clips that's going to break you. Chances are youre going to break the body clips while trying to remove the bolts. Once that happens, a sawzall is pretty much your only option. Now you can get new body clips, if you can find them, or you can get two actual nuts and use a little bit of finger contortionism to thread the nut on the bolt. Hold the nut in place until you can feel the bolt snug and then easily torque it down. The tension should keep the nut from moving as you cannot get a wrench in that little space. Thats what I did with mine when I did my Special sway bar swap. Oh yeah, PB Blaster? Soak it, soak it hard and soak it good. Soak it until you think youre done soaking it, then soak it some more, haha.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
Ive sen a few with no sway bars,, in fack , I think Dud's trep came without one

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

I forgot to look the otherday, but what are the chances my struts don't have the couplings for the swaybar link? That'd be a real kick in the ass!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks everyone.

I forgot to look the otherday, but what are the chances my struts don't have the couplings for the swaybar link? That'd be a real kick in the ass!
My 04 SE came with no sway bar. I installed a special bar into it. Took about an hour. The struts will have the brackets. Mine did.

·
Registered
22,223 Posts
My 04 SE came with no sway bar. I installed a special bar into it. Took about an hour. The struts will have the brackets. Mine did.
Same story here, 04SE, no sway bar, had rear strut sway bar mounts. Installation was a snap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts