DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work Friday at 11:00 am. Got on HWY 10 off of Roundlake blvd south of Anoka. A old blue Sprit in the left lane with a bright red Mitsubishi 3000GT riding the Sprit`s ass. I get behind the 3000 GT. We get around the slower cars in the right lane and the 3000 GT gets in the right lane and takes off. So i floor it i catch him at 85 and get into the left lane to pass he floors it to stay ahead we go side by side up to 105mph when he chickens out and i kick it up to 120mph and wave my hand out the window bye bye. What the use in having a fast sports car if you dont want to drive fast?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I've often said that I would rather have a quick car than a fast car. Top speed races will never have the same thrill as stoplight to stoplight races. There arent many cars made that can't go 100+MPH, just bury your right foot and hold it there until your car stops or you chicken out, hell I've driven economy rental cars (ford focus, chevy cavalier) and even those would hit 100 on the highway.

high speed runs are ok but real racing is not top speed, it's how fast your car can get up and go as soon as that light turns green

1 - 3 of 3 Posts