DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mobil 1 Extended Performance
You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a new high-endurance motor oil with 36 percent more anti-wear additives and 37 percent more cleaning agents than current Mobil 1 formulations. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed.

Did you guys see this comercial..they also have a 5,000 mile one and a 7,500 mile one

Crazy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Seen it. Sounds too good to be true. Dunno if I'd go 15K w/o a change [w/the 2.7 track record]

My 2.7 gets a 5qt jug of standard Walmart 10W30 Mobil 1 every 3K.

My local 5-Star drops it in w/their Mopar filter for $15; $35 bucks and an hour on a Sat. AM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mobil 1

Bought my '99ES new in March of '99. Brought it home and put Mobil 1 in it. Drives my wife nuts when I bring a car home from a dealer with the window sticker still on it and put it up on ramps to change the oil. Many with less than 20 miles on them. Have been using it since 1976. Change the filter every 5,000 miles, the oil every 15k. It's got 89,000 miles on it, just got back from a 400 mile trip with a fair share of stop and go, and it still gets 26mpg pushed hard on the highway. I've used Mobil 1 in every new car I've bought, keep them for at least 135-150k, and when I sell them they don't smoke, use oil, spout blue smoke, or have a tough time starting in the winter. It's the only ad on tv that has ever proven true for me. Seven cars and counting......I pay $22.36 at a Sam's Club in PA for a six pack of either 10/30 for the ES and 5/30 for the Breeze.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'm a firm believer in synthetic fluids but it's at a major cost.
The benefits are minor and that's an understatement.

The normal life of an engine will not be cut short from dino oil if a regular maintenance is held.

I run Mobil 1 in our 94 LHS but the other 4 vehicles in our fleet get regular oil.
One of the cars is a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere that has it's original engine. It's never been out of the car or even opened up except to check the valve adjustment.
That car has never seen a drop of synthetic fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts