DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started today 2/26, runs until 3/25
Any 5qts of Mobil1, and a Mobil1 Oil Filter for $29.99
Then, they have a deal where you can get $5.00 off an air filter, or a cabin air filter when you purchase at the same time as the oil change deal.

Not bad IMO.
Going to stock up on some supplies!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
is it the synthethic oil tom?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I actually dont see this as a good deal. probably a dollar or two cheaper than usual

5quarts of mobil 1 cost $26 dollars and a mopar oil filter costs $5 im sure a mobil 1 oil fiter is in the same range if not less.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes it is a good deal. Mobil one filters use synthetic fibers and the filter is 10.00 or more.Double the cost of a mopar filter.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually dont see this as a good deal. probably a dollar or two cheaper than usual

5quarts of mobil 1 cost $26 dollars and a mopar oil filter costs $5 im sure a mobil 1 oil fiter is in the same range if not less.
Don, As others of said..the Mobil1 filter use synthetic fibers to filter the oil better. Those filters are usually $10 - $12 dollars. I know at Advance, they charge ~ $6.00 a quart for Mobil1...so you are getting the filter for free!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
When I was down there the last time 5qts of Mobile 1 was going to cost me $40 and the filter was $15
shawn you buy it by the quart dont you? you gotta buy the 5 quart can.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Don, As others of said..the Mobil1 filter use synthetic fibers to filter the oil better. Those filters are usually $10 - $12 dollars. I know at Advance, they charge ~ $6.00 a quart for Mobil1...so you are getting the filter for free!!
yeah I guess its a deal. But like I said before I buy the 5 quart can which is far cheaper than buying quart bottles...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
oh yeah they do have 5quart cans just for walmart. Not sure if they have them every where. When you buy it from walmart the can would have a walmart logo printed on it and it says it's specially packed for walmart.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Looked there first.

It's $85 for a synthetic oil change here, so $20 is a great deal to me.
oh you mean for them to do the oil change? just get the oil from there and do it yourself or have someone else do it. I buy my oil and filters from walmart. I buy the 5 quart mobil 1s which are 20 something and the mopar filters I think they are like $5-6 I cant remember.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
but yeah I find $12 for an oil filter wasteful.....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
$85 for an oil change? I better be getting a 24 carat gold coin back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts