DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a new cell phone. I am at present with Sprint and have a "flip" style phone. I would like to buy a Motorlola Slvr L8 but as far as I can tell its only available on Cingular which has no coverage in my area. The only 2 carriers that I know we have is Sprint and Alltel, does anyone know if the new phone wil work with Alltel? I e-mailed Sprint about it and after 2 days they mailed me back to say that only phones with Sprint or Nextell on would work on there network, so no real help there! The Slvr is a tri-band phone and one reason I like it is that its not a flip phone, I prefer the more traditional ones. Help advice/please. Thanks Max

·
Registered
423 Posts
It is the L7 or the L6 I believe (two different models), and no they will not work on Sprint or Alltel. Neither is a GSM service provider.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
yeah similar case here... i had sprint till two days ago when i finally got tired of dropped calls, now i got a new nokia brick, but want my old (still new)samsung to work with my new carrier...cant even find my old phone on ebay for my new carrier...gonna trade the brick in for a Razr cuz i can, then sell it once i finally find the phone i want for my new carrier...so, what i guess im saying is u'll probably just have to wait it out like me

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! This really sucks, I would have hoped that someone in my area would be able to offer what I want/need! My "second" option was to go for a Razr which means I can use Alletel but that does not get me away from the "flip" and as far as I can see does not offer any real advantge to what I am using already. Kinda makes me wonder why bother at all?

·
Registered
655 Posts
slvr L8? hmmmm i just got L7 and thought it was the latest one there is....

·
Registered
423 Posts
There is no L8 officially released. The L7 is the "latest" thin model having been released with the PEBL also. Although, neither the RAZR nor the SLVRF are cutting edge phones in any sense of the word.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts