DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Basically, What should I add or replace in my car to make it performance worthy??? I have a 3.2L and a few people from my other post said to just keep the 3.2 that has 216K Miles on it.... I want to have a loud exhaust for sure. My last Intrepid just had a muffler but I think I'll go all out w/ the exhaust. I want it to be loud!!! But not a crappy sound just more hot rodish.... If yall get my drift..... Thanks!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
I'd replace the motor with a Viper V10...but that's just me!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd replace the motor with a Viper V10...but that's just me!
Lol! Would that even fit in my car?! That just sounds more expensive then either rebuilding mine or getting a 3.5L. But, yes, that engine sounds pretty great lol! Being that I work at Burger King and that I don't have a credit card since I'm 17 lol.

·
Registered
738 Posts

Anything is possible. Why not a twin-turbo viper like this?

Lot's of people chime in asking how to make their car fast... or a race car... When they realize like every Honda owner that you actually HAVE to SPEND LOTS of MONEY. They always drop the idea.

Horse power isn't cheap, nor is torque. Period.

Attachments

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
hey if you can't make it fast make it loud!! THose ricer kids are so cool right??! Put a newer 3.5L in there with 2.7 gears and an intake spacer. Look up a few folks muffler threads, you'll be happy. Should be able to do the whole thing for a couple of grand.

If you only have $57 in your pocket, go to a junk yard and find a 300m Special exhaust and bolt it on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey if you can't make it fast make it loud!! THose ricer kids are so cool right??! Put a newer 3.5L in there with 2.7 gears and an intake spacer. Look up a few folks muffler threads, you'll be happy. Should be able to do the whole thing for a couple of grand.

If you only have $57 in your pocket, go to a junk yard and find a 300m Special exhaust and bolt it on.
What does the intake spacer do? Lol, I'm learning.....

·
Registered
738 Posts
It moves the torque curve down into a more usable range I believe, other than that there is cold air intakes, exhaust set-ups, bored throttle bodies, 3.89 gears (which is probably the best bang for the buck.)
This is 100% bang on.

The gears are flat out easy, cheap and the BEST thing you can just "bolt on"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts