DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people make the argument "start with a performance car FIRST!"

I think the reason people are modding econoboxes is because they don't have enough money for a Mustang. Now here comes the $/HP ratio, but there's one thing that most people don't take into account: insurance. For a young person, insuring an econobox is A LOT cheaper than insuring a performance car. I pay almost $200 bucks a month for my Intrepid as it is (it's actually for two cars, it would double if i just had the Intrepid on it). Can you imagine if I'd have gotten a Mustang?

Now, I'm not condoning stupid ricer accesories that don't really do any good. I'm just saying think about it:

A young kid needs a cheap, first car that isn't an arm and a leg to maintain and insure. He/she takes on the performance hobby and makes his Civic/DSM/Whatever as fast as a stock Mustang. Well, he has a reasonably fast car that is his cheap, affordable daily driver. No, it won't take on a modded sports car, but as long as you don't think it can, then that's cool.

I just don't agree with bashing a guy that truly puts meaningful mods on his car.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I understand your arguement, but you might want to change your quote in your signature:

"Isn't it fun to kick the ass of the guy driving his Honda POS "race car" in your full size family sedan?"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Titleist said:
I understand your arguement, but you might want to change your quote in your signature:

"Isn't it fun to kick the ass of the guy driving his Honda POS "race car" in your full size family sedan?"
That's referring to ricers. I was talking about real enthusiasts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Titleist said:

That's referring to ricers. I was talking about real enthusiasts.

·
Registered
423 Posts
the only thing is, most people who mod their civics actually think that the fart can makes them fast. Its not the actual tuners that people dislike, its the people who bolt on a wing, kit, clear lights, and a can that think they are fast that most people despise.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
96silverIntrepid3.5 said:

I just don't agree with bashing a guy that truly puts meaningful mods on his car.
That is the key point there. But, most of the cars I've seen don't have any meaningful mods. I have respect for anyone who takes any car and mods it to a performance level. But these people who have false stickers, big ass spoilers, coffee can exhaust, and Asian symbols that they have no idea what they mean just don't even have an ounce or respect from me.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
All those big dollar items that it takes to make those cars "fast" could be spent on insurance for a stripped Z28, which even the best modded Hondas would have trouble keeping up with. Plus, people could live in rural areas as opposed to the city in order to help out with insurance. :p Hey, every bit helps, right?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
RiCeDoUt said:
Its not the actual tuners that people dislike, its the people who bolt on a wing, kit, clear lights, and a can that think they are fast that most people despise.
100% exactly.... Idiots who rev their farts at a stop light piss me off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts