DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am new here and need help please! I have a 2001 intrepid S E 2.7l. No heat and no air distribution. I have replaced the blend door actuator and now have heat. I cannot find the mode door actuator anywhere. Is it necessary to remove the entire instrument panel to locate and replace it???

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
You're welcome. Good luck.

Hopefully you're not buying an aftermarket Dorman actuator as a replacement...they're known to be crap. OEM/Dealer isn't cheap but has a 12 month warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you have any actual pictures of both these actuators location instead of illustrations. I am still not able to find the mode actuator. I have heeded your advice and purchased the part from the dealer but still am at a loss. I am almost ready to bite the bullet and pay the outrageous price to the dealer for the repair.
Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
I don't have any pictures.

Google search for 2000 chrysler 300m mode door actuator and there are videos of how to replace it. the 300m/Intrepid/Concorde all have the same HVAC box and the location is the same. It's behind the center stack tucked up under the HVAC box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found the actuator I have been searching for and I was wrong about which one I had replaced. I had the names crossed. The one I had replaced already was the mode door. I have heat but am still receiving the AC24 code. Since I have located both actuators and still have the problem should I change the blend door or do you think there is a different solution. Thanks again.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Did you do the calibration procedure?

24 MODE DOOR ACTUATOR FEEDBACK
FAILURE

I would pull the Mode door actuator but leave it electrically connected and try the Calibration again. If you see the actuator move and the test passes then it's most like a mechanical issue with the mode door itself. You need to check and see if the Mode door can be moved manually by hand to verify it isn't jammed.

If the actuator doesn't move during the test then it could be wiring or the Control head, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts