DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm in the right thread. I have a 94 intrepid and the mode door quit working. Was excited that it worked in my cheap heap, then suddenly it quit. Way the dash is made, I can't really see anything. And as old and brittle as everything is, I don't want to start pulling on stuff that I think is just snapped into place without knowing for sure. Like I had to repair the wiper motor and the cowl cover just crumbled and I could see how it came apart and was being careful. Have just enough pieces still floating around so washer squirts in general direction of windshield. There is the dash plate basically in the front, between windshield and main dash. Does it just lift up, and will that give access to mode motor or actuator? Have a manual, but it just gives some word description with no pictures and I'm not one of the original engineers so the terminology without schematic doesn't help. I've read somewhere that it's difficult but you can replace it without removing dash. Sure miss the old reliable and simple control cables, like my 75 F250 which still works.馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Rondo. This makes it sound easy. This will be very helpful for a lot of things. Hopefully I won't need it for a lot of things, if you catch my drift.馃槣 Now to find the time to check it out. Daughter is borrowing car at this time as she's waiting for me to put a heater core in her grand marquis. One of the modern stupid designs requiring 8 to 12 hours to do what should be a 30 minute to one hour job, if there were still conciencious engineers. One of these days I'm going to learn there's a reason these cars sell for a couple hundred dollars. Marquis, $200, Over $2000 invested at this point having had no major problems. Intrepid $300, Near $2000 invested at this point having had no major problems. Have had both less then 3 years. Can't sell, have to drive value out of them as blue book value is lower then investment. Old dog has learned new tricks though, would have twice to three times invested, if hadn't learned to find parts on internet. bothers me though as one day local parts stores will become more and more rare. Thanks again for the info.

Registered
Thank you Rondo. This makes it sound easy. This will be very helpful for a lot of things. Hopefully I won't need it for a lot of things, if you catch my drift.馃槣 Now to find the time to check it out. Daughter is borrowing car at this time as she's waiting for me to put a heater core in her grand marquis. One of the modern stupid designs requiring 8 to 12 hours to do what should be a 30 minute to one hour job, if there were still conciencious engineers. One of these days I'm going to learn there's a reason these cars sell for a couple hundred dollars. Marquis, $200, Over $2000 invested at this point having had no major problems. Intrepid $300, Near $2000 invested at this point having had no major problems. Have had both less then 3 years. Can't sell, have to drive value out of them as blue book value is lower then investment. Old dog has learned new tricks though, would have twice to three times invested, if hadn't learned to find parts on internet. bothers me though as one day local parts stores will become more and more rare. Thanks again for the info.

Wanna say Mode door is accessible through driver side floor near center hump. I highly suggest 8mm ratchet wrench or low profile socket/ratchet. The blend door is the biggest PITA located in middle accessible through passenger side. And recir door is kinda pain for not as bad far right side behind glovebox on side of HVAC box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts