DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
that's some nice equipment..... wish I had a layout and one that was set up to handel the longer engines.... still nice equipment, should fair well.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Hmmmm....I have this empty, unfinished basement....lots of room.... I always wanted a nice model railroad setup in my house. My dad was one of the last Telegraphers for the D&RGW freight line through Colorado Springs. I used to go to work with him and watch him deliver the orders to the freight trains as they passed through the yard at 30-35 mph! Good times...

Nice looking pieces, Ross! These look like they more "collectible" than I would need though. I'd like something I can collect, but run without worrying about losing value.

Hey! What do you have against Indonesia?! lol! :biggrin:

·
Registered
655 Posts
i get the lil train stuff....but who would want to get a piece of a real train with normal wear thing?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been interested in real trains and model trains for years. My other "hobby" is building locomotives out of brass for others in the hobby. Been doing it for over 25 years now.
The items I have are from a large collection that I will be liquidating over the next couple of months. There will be lots of "runable" locomotives and cars.
If there is anything anyone needs or wants, I can take requests, same as for car parts.

The train memorabilia market is no different than the car market. People will collect anything of interest, hence the "real" train parts I have for sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I solute you my friend. I am an avid train collector myself and I am wondering if you have any steam engines for either ho scale or O gauge.. let me know. how much for the e7 set?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cjgintrepid04 said:
I solute you my friend. I am an avid train collector myself and I am wondering if you have any steam engines for either ho scale or O gauge.. let me know. how much for the e7 set?
I have approximately 400 brass steam locomotives, all HO scale, as well as about half that many diesels. I'd need to know what your preferances are.

The E7 set is not mine, and the owner has suggested he'd like 275.00 cdn, (which is about 235 USD) I have it listed with a 250 USD reserve, but would sell
privately for the 235.

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow.. I would have to check with the wife on that one.. LOL.. (I know I am whipped.. LOL )

for steam engines I prefer mountians(2-8-2), berkshires (2-8-4), and northerns (4-8-4) either from the new york central or new york, new haven and hartford.

I am actually in the process of building my son a layout in both o scale and ho scale.. large process..

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cjgintrepid04 said:
wow.. I would have to check with the wife on that one.. LOL.. (I know I am whipped.. LOL )

for steam engines I prefer mountians(2-8-2), berkshires (2-8-4), and northerns (4-8-4) either from the new york central or new york, new haven and hartford.

I am actually in the process of building my son a layout in both o scale and ho scale.. large process..

The collection I am l;iquidating is pretty much all NYC - don't know what steam there is, though I do know I did a couple of Hudsons and at least one K5 Pacific for him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts